Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 10-08-2006, 02:06 AM   #1
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

For some strange reason I decided long ago to start collecting the quarters that have the US states on the backs. I currently have $113.00 which is made up of 36 States. My original goal was to have a roll of $10.00 for each state (and same coining location) but I do not know if that was a feasible goal. In all these years, I've only been able to achieve that goal on one state...South Carolina. I don't even have the goal met for my own home state! lol!

Anyway, the reason I am mentioning this is for this reason:

I wonder if I could get a little help. These are the states that I do not have even one quarter for.

Alaska
Arizona
Hawaii
Idaho
Michigan
Montana
New Mexico
North Dakota
Oklahoma
South Dakota
Utah
Washington
West Virginia
Wyoming

Would somebody be willing to sell or trade that I might have at least one from each state?

I'm willing to pay for:

* The quarter's worth
* The postage for mailing it
* Extra for incentive

If you want to trade: The trading will depend on how many I am willing to part with on the state you ask for.

Make your offers to help me here or through PM message.

Thanks in advance.

[ 10-08-2006, 02:11 AM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Old 10-08-2006, 02:43 PM   #2
Olorin

Breakout Champion Hexxagon Champion
You shouldn't be too worried about the ones your missing. You are missing 14 states, but 11 of those haven't come out yet. And North Dakota came out August 28th, so it's not that surprising that you haven't seen one yet.

Michigan and West Virginia are the only two that have been out for awhile that you're missing. You can see the schedule for the remaining states here:

State Quarter Schedule

Unfortunately, your collection project will take until the end of 2008 or into 2009 before you're able to snag a Hawaii.
"Many are my names in many countries. Mithrandir among the Elves, Tharkun to the Dwarves; Olorin I was in my youth in the West that is forgotten, in the South Incanus, in the North Gandalf; to the East I go not"

--The Two Towers
Olorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 10:38 PM   #3
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Thank you so much, Olorin! I misread something that made me think that all of them had been released by now. This makes me feel a lot better!

I still have that offer open for anyone that can help me out, especially with the Michigan and West Virginia ones!
Old 10-08-2006, 11:45 PM   #4
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I'll see what I can find out here, Larry. Unfortunately, I just rolled up $70 in quarters yesterday... and I'm not going to face spousal wrath for unrolling them [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 11:03 AM   #5
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I collected $2 in random quarters over the past week... and not one duplicate state [img]smile.gif[/img]

I do have a North Dakota... let me know if you want to do something with it or not. Since it just came out in August, I suspect you'll see it soon enough anyway.

And since I needed to figure it out, the other states you're missing and can get are Michigan and West Virginia.
-+-+-+
Old 10-17-2006, 02:31 PM   #6
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I was lucky enough on Saturday to be handed a N. Dakota after buying a cookie at the mall and getting change. On Tuesday, I got a W. Virginia out of a Pepsi machine. I still have not seen a Michigan.

I'd be interested in knowing exactly what you'd like to send me out of those $2.00 you collected and I'll buy them from you...or I can trade you some (p)South Carolinas if you like. Do you want me to send money through the mail or Paypal?
Old 10-17-2006, 02:58 PM   #7
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Argh! I figured all you wanted was ND... and I went to lunch in between

I now have ND and Colorado left. Tell you what... let me hang on to 'em for another week or so, and I'll see how many I've got. And this time, I *won't* spend 'em [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Old 10-17-2006, 03:11 PM   #8
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Larry why don't you just go to one of those change machines in car washes. Put in like $5 and keep getting it cashed until you get what you want. Or if you know someone who works in a store go in when theyre not busy and see if they have any in the register...most people don't collect them so you wont have a problem exchanging a regular coin for one of the state ones.
Old 10-17-2006, 03:31 PM   #9
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

usmint.gov

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Felix The Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote