Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: How often do you stop and get a specialty coffee/tea drink?
More than once/day 15 53.57%
Daily 3 10.71%
4 times/week or more 7 25.00%
3 times/week or less 2 7.14%
less than once per week 1 3.57%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-03-2003, 03:38 PM   #11
dplax
Jack Burton

I mostly drink hot chocolate and tea. One mug in the morning of hot chocolate, and rarely, if I feel like it I will have tea.

Old 11-03-2003, 03:41 PM   #12
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
I couldn't answer the poll - don't drink coffee. I'm not much on bitter flavours, and to make it palatable would mean putting so much sugar and crap in in that it would be unhealthy [img]graemlins/angel.gif[/img] . And if I did drink it, I wouldn't be buying cups of overpriced blends because I couldn't justify spending money on something like that.
Old 11-03-2003, 03:45 PM   #13
Arledrian
Egyptian Goddess of the Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:
I couldn't answer the poll - don't drink coffee.
Thanks for posting though. It's always heartwarming when you post a poll about coffee and a non-drinker replies [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

To answer the question at hand - yes, I do drink coffee with the works, but not nearly as often as I'd like. Firstly, all the good coffee stores are miles away from me, and secondly, I'm often too poor to be able to spend four or five dollars on a single drink anyway.

[ 11-03-2003, 03:45 PM: Message edited by: Arledrian ]
Old 11-03-2003, 04:12 PM   #14
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Arledrian:
To answer the question at hand - yes, I do drink coffee with the works, but not nearly as often as I'd like. Firstly, all the good coffee stores are miles away from me, and secondly, I'm often too poor to be able to spend four or five dollars on a single drink anyway.
Well, as for being poor (and/or frugal), amen. However, as for the dearth of stores, you should walk with me to work some day. 13 blocks and at least 8 coffee shops along the way, no matter which way I take. Which is why I posted the poll. One wonders how they all stay afloat.
Old 11-03-2003, 04:16 PM   #15
Rokenn
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
13 blocks and at least 8 coffee shops along the way, no matter which way I take. Which is why I posted the poll. One wonders how they all stay afloat.
and I bet all 9 of them were starbucks [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img]

Just for the record within 2 blocks of my office there are 7 Starbucks [img]graemlins/1puke.gif[/img]
Old 11-03-2003, 04:28 PM   #16
Arledrian
Egyptian Goddess of the Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
Well, as for being poor (and/or frugal), amen. However, as for the dearth of stores, you should walk with me to work some day. 13 blocks and at least 8 coffee shops along the way, no matter which way I take. Which is why I posted the poll. One wonders how they all stay afloat.
I'm sure you're spoilt for choice, walking to work in Chicago. You wanna try rural Maine - I have to drive an hour to get to someplace as basic as Walmart. Finding a coffee-shop is a real ordeal and often practically a day-trip. I'd swap with you any day
Old 11-03-2003, 05:11 PM   #17
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Arledrian:
quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:
I couldn't answer the poll - don't drink coffee.
Thanks for posting though. It's always heartwarming when you post a poll about coffee and a non-drinker replies [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

[/QUOTE]LOL - Davros coughs and splutters whilst driking his Milo - I know what that is all about [img]smile.gif[/img] . Add me to the list of non-coffee drinkers that have replied then - I only drink cofee when I am on vacation and staying in a hotel. It's OK to have someone else make coffee for you, but making it yourself is too much hard work. When I do drink coffee it is usually a cappucino with 2 sugars.
Old 11-03-2003, 05:15 PM   #18
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Rokenn:
and I bet all 9 of them were starbucks [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img]
Luckily, Chicago has Caribou Coffee as an alternative chain. Where they don't degrade you by making you say words like "Venti." So, only a bit more than half were Starbucks.

If Starbucks opened in Italy, would they call it "Small, Medium, and Large" in order to be exotic there? [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img]
Old 11-03-2003, 05:32 PM   #19
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Taliesin:
Coffee was made to be drunk black and hot!!!
Just like Halle Berry!
Old 11-03-2003, 05:37 PM   #20
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

Seriously though, I drink coffee with a little cream and unsweetened iced tea almost daily. I drink the coffee coacoa drinks only as an occasional treat. Usually with hot cinnamon rolls! Mmmmmmmmm!