Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 06-19-2001, 03:56 AM   #1
Draconia

I have thought long and hard about posting any kind of a goodbye here on the board. I thought of just not posting anymore and leaving it at that. But I decided that I wanted to post something. I am not doing this to get any kind of attention or for any of you to ask me to stay. I don't want that at all. Just a little goodbye note. I don't know how many of you noticed that before my vacation, I wasn't around much at all. It's ok if you didn't, I am use to being overlooked. Nothing new for me at all.
I am glad I got to know some of you. It has been a pleasure for me. Alot of you have helped me in little ways, and you probably didn't know you did. I know that there were a few who wanted to know about my vacation. I am not sure if you really wanted to hear about it but I am apologizing for not telling those of you who were interested.
There are alot of reasons for me leaving. Alot of you know about my situation and how I get depressed sometimes. It kind of all revolves around that. Too many reasons to list. But do know that I will survive whatever life throws my way. I have to for my kids. Without them, who knows where I would be.
There are a few things that I want to say to a few ppl then I will get going.

Ziroc- Thanks for making such a great place. You have worked hard and I hope the best for you. May your new marriage last forever and may you always be happy.

Wolfgir- My beauty, what can I say. You have been a great friend here on the board. You have always taken the time to talk to me. I do hope you continue writing and please email it to me. I really do love your story. Take care my wolf friend. ((HUGS))

Yorick- My brother, take care of yourself while you travel. I wish you the best in everything.

Bahamut- Take care my dragon friend. I do hope that you will find the happiness you deserve in life. You are a great guy and don't ever forget that.

Melusine- Thanks for being there for me when I first posted about my depression. You helped me alot thru that. I hope that you will be well and feeling great soon. You deserve that.

Moiraine- I am sorry I didn't send your birthday card, I have it here. I have no excuses but that I was busy planning my vacations. I will send it, sorry it is soooo late. Thank you again for taking the time to send my Yorick's music. Take care.

Memnoch- Wishing you the best in everything you do. May you always be a great moderator and hopefully there won't be many trolls to deal with.

LadyZ- We will talk soon.

I know that I forgeting some of you. So for the rest, I wish you much happiness in your life. May everything work out for the best.
I do get online quite a bit throughout the day. If you would like to chat with me on MSN messenger, you are more than welcome to add me to your contact list. Or you can email me whenever you like. There are alot of you that are my friends and I would like to keep in contact with. My e-mail is corjhnsn@hotmail.com
It's time for me to go. (((HUGS)))

------------------

Draconia, Dragon Queen
Old 06-19-2001, 04:27 AM   #2
Melusine
Dracolisk

Corina,
I did notice you didn't post anymore, and you are not the only one of the "veterans" who has been absent. I will miss your posts and sweet presence on the board, but I do respect your decision. I can see when RL gets more important than our online community, no matter how close-knit it is. I hope we can keep contact through MSN and email (our emails have been a bit slow lately but I loved emailing with you before, and hope we'll do so again)... All the best to you and your children ~hugs and a big kiss~

------------------
Melusine, High Queen of Fluffies, Archbabe of the Order of the Holy Flame and the Laughing Hyenas, &
Official Entertainer Elf of the BG2 Bar

Your voice is ambrosia
Old 06-19-2001, 04:29 AM   #3
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Draconia my dear friend! I will not tell you that we will miss you, you know that!

But also know that the wolf will howl here everynight and that I will keep in contact with you via e-mail! o don´t fear friend, I´m still here!

And you can always e-mail me you know that too!!

Many hugs to you my beauty!

------------------

Yawning lazywolf dreaming about nice little fairies...zzzzz
Old 06-19-2001, 04:40 AM   #4
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

All the best Draconia, be safe. I wanted to say something that I'm sure you know:

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

All the best, and drop in to say hi once in a while. Let me know if you ever climb the Bookcliff Mountains.

------------------
Old 06-19-2001, 05:07 AM   #5
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Draconia, we have not "talked" much, but nevertheless I know perfectly well what Melusine means by "your sweet presence on the board". And that I will miss.

The best of luck when fighting through your depressive phases, I am unfortunately no stranger to that myself.

Take very good care of yourself, please !

------------------
So long !

R³ - new, much improved signature under construction !

Old 06-19-2001, 05:58 AM   #6
Moiraine
Anubis

Draconia, sister ... I don't know what to say.

I haven't been much here lately, June being the busiest month of the year. I have given up trying to catch up with what happens on the Board until July, when I will have again time to breathe.
I'm so sorry, I had no idea you were feeling that way.

I have added you to my MSN contact list - I hope we will talk soon. Please don't resent me if I wait until July to do so, please.

I must admit, I haven't been totally honest either. Aside for being truly real busy in RL, I have some problems with my kid, and that is part of why you haven't seen much of me here. I admire those of you who have had the courage to talk about what bothers you on the Board - the way I have been raised, I feel that I have to face my problems alone, and I find very difficult to overcome that. Besides, some of you have faced such hard trials in your life, that the concerns I face seems quite petty. Maybe they are, maybe not, I feel quite confused right now.

And, last, don't worry about the birthday card at all ! Your feeling better is really all that matters to me. If there is anything I can do to help, just say so.

------------------

The world is my oyster !
And now I have the knives to open it ...
Old 06-19-2001, 08:48 AM   #7
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

take care and be well...
Old 06-19-2001, 08:55 AM   #8
jabidas
Silver Dragon

Im afraid I didnt know you at all but goodbye and I wish you all the best in life.

------------------
Old 06-19-2001, 10:33 AM   #9
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Dear Draconia,

I did not get to know you as well as I should have liked to, because from our interactions I could tell that you are a deeply caring and feeling soul. I for one will miss your presence. May your load be lightened and your ways be ever blessed. I will remember you.

Hugs and blessings,

Old 06-19-2001, 10:33 AM   #10
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Dearest Moiraine, this is Corina's thread, so I shall keep this brief: You are one of the sweetest, kindest and most caring people I have ever been privileged enough to "meet" - and I know for certain that many here feel the same way about you : so, while I can understand perfectly, that it is hard for you to muster the frankness and courage to relate your personal troubles to the board - I am myself a rather "private" and reluctant person when it comes to that - but, please don't refrain from it for the wrong reasons. Nothing that bothers you, would ever be dismissed as "petty" or "irrelevant" by us.

Take care !

------------------
So long !

R³ - new, much improved signature under construction !