Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2001, 10:16 AM   #21
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by RudeDawg:

still love ya, Cloudy!
and I'm still talking, laughing, and playin ...

just alone, mostly...
"Dancin with myself, O-O-OhOh"

So, did you really just post that you were playin . . . by yourself? (tounge firmly in cheek)

Ok, folks, I have tried to stay out of this issue all together, and I will continue to. I just wanted to say Hi to KDog and Zeeke and Charean and bilqis, and to know that you are all missed.

BK

------------------

The Black Storm Cloud of the Night
Consort to a Queen
Champion of Truth, Justice and Cloudy's Way
Captain of the Knights of the Golden Dragons
Heart, Mind, and Soul
Offical Wizard and Warrior Questioner

[This message has been edited by Black Knight (edited 05-03-2001).]
Old 05-03-2001, 11:48 AM   #22
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Man, chill out guys! I was using past tense was I not? I mentioned I thought this had all been resolved didn't I? Did I 'lambast' the Inn until it was dead after I expressed my view? No, and it continued on. If you go to the posts before mine you'll find Kdog/Zeeke labelling me intolerant, closedminded and the possessor of a sorrier and emptier life than his. I merely turned some of those words around in an effort to point out that tolerance is a two way street. Sheesh!

Charean when I took issue with the inn it was the ONLY thread being answered which was why it was annoying. Not going there meant not hanging around in GD. Worked out ok though because I met 250 in the BG2 forum for example!!!

However, have I ever made personal criticisms about people here? No, I have only ever challenged an opinion, a point or a concept or use of language. I'm very careful about this. However, here on this thread I have been labelled intolerant, closed minded, a lambaster of ideas, someone who disagrees with people often, and accused of believing the Inn to be evil???? These are flames guys - personal attacks - and aren't part of the culture of this friendly board.

Moiraine I'm sorry it saddened you, but haven't others felt like moving on when the board substancially changed? Notice I did speak of matters in the past, and the results speak for themselves. I hung around, posted my issue, took some flack and kept posting. Anyhow we have a friendship that is not reliant on the board, so I wouldn't worry regardless. The point is, I like everyone here - in spite of some of what has been said - and enjoy the conversations I have here.

The only person who I can't stand is Leonis. Leonis you are a hairy baboon. Make sure you shower this year eh?

------------------
I am the walrus!.... er, no hang on....

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Old 05-03-2001, 11:55 AM   #23
Moiraine
Anubis

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:

Moiraine I'm sorry it saddened you, but haven't others felt like moving on when the board substancially changed? Notice I did speak of matters in the past, and the results speak for themselves. I hung around, posted my issue, took some flack and kept posting. Anyhow we have a friendship that is not reliant on the board, so I wouldn't worry regardless. The point is, I like everyone here - in spite of some of what has been said - and enjoy the conversations I have here.
Ha, Yorick, point taken - but I would have told you if I had left back then.

------------------

The world is my oyster !
Old 05-03-2001, 12:19 PM   #24
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Charean:
Yorick, you may not believe this... but I am extremely tolerant of others views. However, when they post to BE controversial or hurtful, I find them to be less than stellar. If you do not want to visit a thread, then DON'T - but let others enjoy it without having to tell everyone what a waste of time you think it is. When you don't agree with something (which seems to be fairly often from what I can see) you lambast until it is dead... and no hope of mutual respect is left. Think about that.

I have never been so disappointed in a group of people in my life.

Charean,

I am sorry you feel this way. And I am in no way trying to be controversial here, but I have to defend Yorick on one point. I have not seen an instance of him not leaving "hope of mutual respect". As someone who has done threads that she KNOWS Yorick disliked, and who has read threads of his that SHE wasn't thrilled with, I have to say that Yorick has been mature and reasonable in all his dealings with me and there is quite a bit of mutual respect in our relationship. And no, we aren't bosom buddies, in fact our posts rarely overlap. So what I say comes from the heart and not out of 'misguided loyalty' or somesuch notion.

I really am so very unhappy to see all the anger and pain in these posts and had not expected to add to them anymore. I just couldn't leave this unanswered.

Please, Charean, I hope you will take this as an honest reply and not a flame. I have no intention of it being so. Maybe we all just need some time away from the topic. *heavy sigh*

Cloudbringer

------------------
Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight
Heart Mind Soul Forever

[This message has been edited by Cloudbringer (edited 05-03-2001).]
Old 05-03-2001, 12:36 PM   #25
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

CB--very well spoken!

Now the economist comes out in me (ahhh run for the hills!) but it is a funny thing economics, it can be applied to so many different things. Really not a rigid discipline, but more a way of thinking

I think what is trying to be said is that some things (i.e. Moon's Hope Inn) were causing externalities (what the hell are externalities?) I am glad you asked. There were many, many, many times (as Yorick said) that the only thread that ever was replied to was the Moons Hope Inn. Take, for instance, my "Global warming survey" thread. There were about 10 people, at the time I posted the thread, online and in the Moons Hope Inn. I expected them to at least come out and post on my survey and then go back to the Inn. But after two full days (and only a few responses by other people not involved in the Inn) I had to go into the Inn thread and ask people to go check out my survey. This is an externality!! People did not ignore my thread on purpose, but b/c the Moons Hope Inn thread was there, my thread was not being responded to. Does this make sense? The Inn was not a bad thing in and of itself, but it caused unintentional harm that others had to bear the 'costs' of. Oh well, I am probably rambling to myself and should find something better to do, so with that I will take my leave. Thank you and goodnight!

------------------

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear ignorant,
than open it and remove all doubt!
Old 05-03-2001, 12:42 PM   #26
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Moridin:
CB--very well spoken!

Now the economist comes out in me (ahhh run for the hills!) but it is a funny thing economics, it can be applied to so many different things. Really not a rigid discipline, but more a way of thinking

I think what is trying to be said is that some things (i.e. Moon's Hope Inn) were causing externalities (what the hell are externalities?) I am glad you asked. There were many, many, many times (as Yorick said) that the only thread that ever was replied to was the Moons Hope Inn. Take, for instance, my "Global warming survey" thread. There were about 10 people, at the time I posted the thread, online and in the Moons Hope Inn. I expected them to at least come out and post on my survey and then go back to the Inn. But after two full days (and only a few responses by other people not involved in the Inn) I had to go into the Inn thread and ask people to go check out my survey. This is an externality!! People did not ignore my thread on purpose, but b/c the Moons Hope Inn thread was there, my thread was not being responded to. Does this make sense? The Inn was not a bad thing in and of itself, but it caused unintentional harm that others had to bear the 'costs' of. Oh well, I am probably rambling to myself and should find something better to do, so with that I will take my leave. Thank you and goodnight!

just to let you know. i did read your post. and felt that i did not have anything constructive to add. so rather than pust a meaningless unhelpfull response i just went along my way. just wanted you to know that you werent being ignored.

------------------

*Lord of the Screen Shot*
Get My IronWorks Winamp skin
Old 05-03-2001, 12:50 PM   #27
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
*sigh*

Let's all just put this behind us, I think we've well and truly beat this issue to death. I for one am sick of constantly hearing about something that I thought was RESOLVED!!!! in another thread 2 days ago.

Yea I agree this issue has been killed pretty good...wait.....IT JUST MOVED GET THE FLAMETHROWERS!!!

------------------
Meet my lawyer.

[This message has been edited by caleb (edited 05-03-2001).]
Old 05-03-2001, 12:54 PM   #28
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Quote:
Originally posted by caleb:
Yea I agree this issue has been killed pretty good...wait.....IT JUST MOVED GET THE FLAMETHROWERS!!!

Heh ...there is no winner in this situation, can't we just drop this topic and move on with our lives??

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 05-03-2001, 01:18 PM   #29
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Accord:
Heh ...there is no winner in this situation, can't we just drop this topic and move on with our lives??
You have a LIFE? Where'd you get it? I want one! LOLOLOL...er Hi Accord!

CB

------------------
Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight
Heart Mind Soul Forever
Old 05-03-2001, 01:20 PM   #30
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

ARGH!!!!!!

Oh, hi Cloudy!!

------------------