Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 07-07-2004, 08:01 PM   #1
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Has this been done before? So many tests go on here I'm never sure. Well, I'll proceed until somebody cries "repeat!" [img]tongue.gif[/img]

ahem,

Test for Dementia

Exercise of the brain is as important as exercise of the muscles. As we grow older, it's important that we keep mentally alert. The saying; "If you don't use it, you will lose it," also applies to the brain, so..... Below is a very private way to gauge your loss or non-loss of intelligence. Take the following test and determine if you are losing it or are still "with it." OK, relax, clear your mind and.... begin.

1. What do you put in a toaster?

Answer: "bread." If you said "toast," then give up now and go do something else. Try not to hurt yourself. If you said, "bread," go to Question 2.

2. Say "silk" five times. Now spell "silk." What do cows drink?

Answer: Cows drink water. If you said "milk," please do not attempt the next question. Your brain is obviously over stressed and may even overheat. It may be that you need to content yourself with reading something more appropriate, such as Children's World. If you said "water," proceed to question 3.

3. If a red house is made from red bricks, and a blue house is made from blue bricks, and a pink house is made from pink bricks and a black house is made from black bricks, what is a green house made from?

Answer: Greenhouses are made from glass. If you said, "green bricks," what the devil are you still doing reading these questions????? If you said "glass," then go on to Question 4.

4. Twenty years ago, a plane was flying at 20,000 feet over Germany. If you recall, Germany at the time was politically divided into West Germany and East Germany. Anyway, during the flight, TWO of the engines failed. The pilot, realizing that the last remaining engine is also failing, decides on a crash landing procedure..... Unfortunately the third engine fails before he has time to attempt an emergency landing, and the plane crashes smack in the middle of "no man's land" between East Germany and West Germany. Where would you bury the survivors? . . . in East Germany or West Germany or in "no man's land"?

Answer: You don't, of course, bury survivors. If you said ANYTHING else, you are a real dunce and you must NEVER try to rescue anyone from a plane crash. Your efforts would not be appreciated If you said, "Don't bury the survivors," proceed to the next question.

5. If the hour hand on a clock moves 1/60 of a degree every minute how many degrees will the hour hand move in one hour?

Answer: One degree. If you said, "360 degrees" or anything other than "one degree," you are to be congratulated on getting this far, but you are obviously out of your league. Turn in your pencil, and exit the room. Everyone else proceed to the final question.

6. Without using a calculator -- You are driving a bus from London to Milford Haven in Wales. In London, 17 people get on the bus. In Reading, six people get off the bus, and nine people get on. In Swindon, two people get off and four get on. In Cardiff, 11 people get off and 16 people get on. In Swansea, three people get off and five people get on. In Carmathen, six people get off and three get on. You then arrive at Milford Haven. What was the name of the bus driver?

Answer: Oh, for crying out loud! Don't you remember? It was YOU!!

Reality Show Recaps
Old 07-07-2004, 08:24 PM   #2
Svaerdhelgon
The Magister

Heard most of them before so it wasn´t really a challenge
Old 07-07-2004, 08:28 PM   #3
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
3. If a red house is made from red bricks, and a blue house is made from blue bricks, and a pink house is made from pink bricks and a black house is made from black bricks, what is a green house made from?

Answer: Greenhouses are made from glass. If you said, "green bricks," what the devil are you still doing reading these questions????? If you said "glass," then go on to Question 4.
...(dang it, I knew that was a trick question) [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-07-2004, 08:36 PM   #4
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

LOL

Good test and very funny. The only problem is that the answer to number 5 is not ONE degree but THIRTY degrees (unless your watch isn't working properly). The hour hand (that's the little one for those of you who failed question 1 ... hehehe) sweeps a full circle - 360 degrees - in 12 hours, or 30 degrees in one hour. For those of you with wall clocks with all 24 hours shown on them, the correct answer is 15 degrees. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Now I can go back on my medication. LOL

[ 07-07-2004, 08:41 PM: Message edited by: Micah Foehammer ]

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Old 07-07-2004, 08:55 PM   #5
Ladyzekke

Oh crap! Does that mean I'm demented? And if so, am I still good in society being demented? Or do I need to be placed in some facility with other like minded demented people? Oh wait, I'm already there. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 07-07-2004, 08:57 PM   #6
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

I got most of them right, just messed up on the milk thingy knew it was water but I said milk [img]redface.gif[/img]
Old 07-07-2004, 09:00 PM   #7
Aerich
Lord Ao

I'm demented, but I knew that anyway. I blame it all on everyone else. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-07-2004, 09:01 PM   #8
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
Oh crap! Does that mean I'm demented? And if so, am I still good in society being demented? Or do I need to be placed in some facility with other like minded demented people? Oh wait, I'm already there. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Rotflmao .... Yes to all of the above. Want some meds????? fdl

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Old 07-07-2004, 09:15 PM   #9
Ladyzekke

Hell yeah! Whaddaya got? Anything but pink pills. I can't take any pink pills because pink makes me think of Elephants, and Elephants make me think of Earthquakes, and Earthquakes make me think of cracks, and Cracks make me think of Crack, and that's just Whack!, so then I start to freak out. Just sayin. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 07-07-2004, 09:18 PM   #10
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

I can give you blue pills, or maybe white