Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 01-22-2001, 09:30 PM   #81
Gabriel
Emerald Dragon

Lady Cloudbringer, if you don't mind me asking, why have him if you find him so annoying, there are other Clerics, of near or equal skill?
Old 01-22-2001, 09:37 PM   #82
Gabriel
Emerald Dragon

Double posting! sorry
Old 01-22-2001, 09:40 PM   #83
cloudbringer

Gabriel, I don't mind at all- I mentioned earlier that some of his speeches are rather romantic (and I wanted to see how it played out- pure curiosity, I guess), plus he's the first cleric I picked up who can fight too, so I have him leveled up a few times and decided to keep him.

He IS good at his cleric stuff and not too bad with the right weapons, either. Kind of cute, too.

And rather sheepishly, I must admit that a little part of me likes the 'courtly, gallant, noble, romantic' thing. Ok- I'm waiting for the guys to have a field day with this one but---A few of his dialogs had me blushing like a schoolgirl Very sweet and totally romantic.

But he is SO absorbed with his own problems/pride, if he were a real guy, I'd not be as interested in keeping him around if one of the others was available.

How's that?

Old 01-22-2001, 09:43 PM   #84
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Oh yeah, Lord o Alcohol, lake Accotink! Yay! Let us swim in small sewage lakeage with the many ducks. And when we are tired, we can go to the hotdog stand infested with bees and play putt-putt golf! Now, if he mentioned taking me to the Outer Banks, I would accept and then wait until around 4:00 or 5:00 pm when the sharks were feeding and say, "Lets go swimmin in the ocean, Notaman, I mean Anomen!!
Old 01-22-2001, 09:54 PM   #85
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Glad your up for it Miss Wendy, sounds just like I remember. I had forgotten the world-class putt-putt golf course. Pleae forgive me, its been a long time since I've been there. Alas, I live too far way anyway. Say Hi to Ravensworth Farms for me. I grew up there
Old 01-22-2001, 09:56 PM   #86
Gabriel
Emerald Dragon

I can understand that. i had Aries and most people think she complains to much but i though it was sweet, and i even thought about the replys to see which was the most romantic. ok it looks kind of sad, but i wanted depth and see was the best one.
Old 01-22-2001, 10:38 PM   #87
ZiegfriedDaredevil

Don't know what you think ladies and guys, but I personally believe that the portraits in BGII are SO BAD that I can't even tell wich women looks good and which one not!
For instance, take Viconia... she looks good and sexy, but if you take a closer look at her, you realize that she looks more like Mickey Mouse than anything else. Then take Jaheira... she looks REALLY UGLY and her wide-open lips look like she has been sucking something recently...and she looks like she hasn't washed her hair in ages!!
and there's Aerie.... with all that stuff in the hair and that cute tatoo on her forehead... argh...she looks like a perverted 18 year-old girl!.. and nevermind about Mazzy.... her hair looks like a bunch of carrion crawlers tied together! I would preffer to look at the beauty and intrigue of Safana in the old portraits...

Old 01-22-2001, 11:04 PM   #88
Gabriel
Emerald Dragon

ZiegfriedDaredevil, the poll was sexiest male and you missed Imoen.

P.S don't insult Aries shes not a perverted 18 year old, she aleast 110 and inexprinced in the ways of love. As for not washing their hair, there was no shampoo and stuff back then only animal fat soap and a river.
ppss whats with all the.................in the middle of your sentances?
Old 01-22-2001, 11:24 PM   #89
ZiegfriedDaredevil

Yep, sorry for the "..."

As for the topic, I just wanted to complain that the artwork for the portraits is plain bad. I'm male myself, so I can't judge the male NPCs, I just wanted to point the bad artwork issue.

Old 01-22-2001, 11:31 PM   #90
Gabriel
Emerald Dragon

Me too, a male that is, and i've voted. and as for the portraits some of them are good better then the BG1 old ones away, i mean Viconia was white! but hey sorry for bitting your head off.