Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2005, 07:55 PM   #41
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Bought myself an early birthday present today LOL. Been wanting a new monitor, a 19 inch, sick of my 17 inch boat LOL. So got a ViewSonic 19 inch flat screen today. I've been shopping about for weeks, and every time I found the ViewSonic the best looking monitor for it's price. I love it, it's so nice, I was able to turn the resolution way higher now that the monitor is bigger, and everything is so crisp and clear! And it's so lightweight I can turn it and move it around easily, yay! Everyone's sigs here looks much nicer too. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I hear you Ivelliis LOL. Hey I have to do Thanksgiving next week with family! [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 08:08 PM   #42
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Whoa! You got it! Congrats on the new monitor, LZ! I bet it takes up so little space now! I am greeeen with envy! LOL!

Nope, no leg shaking while driving but boy were my legs shaky AFTER I got out of the car that morning! eef!

Sir G, good luck with the wires! Hopefully you won't have any allergies to those!

Ivellis, have a good time with your family, I'm betting it's worth the effort! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Got to go clean up our spare room a bit, we usually put our Christmas tree in there and I have tons of junk in the room that needs moving out!
Old 11-19-2005, 08:23 PM   #43
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

Good choice LZ, I have that one. You'll never look back [img]smile.gif[/img]
shamrock_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 08:35 PM   #44
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Yeah I got one Cloudy LOL. I know I was telling you I was thinking about it. Was still debating about it this morning, but then I thought "you know, I'm not going to stop thinking about getting a new monitor, so I might as well just go ahead and get one now, it is inevitable anyways LOL. And I did get a sale price $30.00 lower. Nothing great, but at least something.

Oh cool Shamrock, you have the same kind! Again I looked at many displays of different brands of monitors and ViewSonic stood out to me every single store I went to. [img]smile.gif[/img] How long have you had yours?

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 03:21 PM   #45
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Thanksgiving's this week for you guys right? I wish we could have 2 thanksgivings.. double the turkey, pie etc. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Watched HP and the Goblet of Fire last night... er... this morning. 1 in the morning to be precise. [img]tongue.gif[/img] It's weird. Before I got my job, my parents were always complaining that I never went out, never did anything. Now that I have a job and I do stuff at my theater late almost every weekend, my parents are starting to say that I shouldn't do so much! Make up your mind! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 09:50 AM   #46
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

I really want a flat screen monitor! Ok, LZ, tell my hubby er...Santa that for me! I've got it on my list of 'would like to do at some point' things but we probably won't be able to until later in the spring or summer if we do get around to it!

Yup, Sir G, it's Thanksgiving on Thursday of this week for us. Nacht got our turkey out of the freezer and into the refrigerator yesterday. Hopefully it will be all thawed by Thursday morning!

LOL! Yup, I can hear parents having that dilemma! He's in too much, no wait, he's OUT too much... oh dear...
Old 11-21-2005, 10:42 AM   #47
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

Hey, all. New milestone for me...I have been spit up upon by all of my nieces and nephews (is there a collective term for them?). Not much of a highlight, I guess, but it's something to start conversation [img]smile.gif[/img]

Thanksgiving is rapidly approaching, and my family's been turned upon its head this year...on my mother's side, they moved the event from my grandparents home to my aunt's home. On my dad's side, they moved it from one aunt's home to another, fifty miles away.

Hopefully, between the two, on Friday, I'll get to go visit Dron_Cah (the bugger!) and maybe we can finally work on levelling up our Star Wars d20 characters...his Jedi Guardian isn't getting any younger, after all!

Is that what you really want to say?
Ilander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 03:07 PM   #48
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Ahh, don't you just love all the planning and changes of plans for family get-togethers this time of year?! [img]smile.gif[/img]

We're having Turkey day at home. It's easier on us since we travel for Christmas and there's too darned much to do around this time! It's nice to have a quiet or semi-quiet day at home and enjoy a little time watching parades, fixing the meal and hanging out together. Of course the cleaning up part stinks... LOL but hey, the rest is nice!

Hubby and I are trying to watch our weight...well, the idea is to watch it go down! LOL So we're hoping to get through the holidays without too much excess food making its way onto our hips etc.
Old 11-21-2005, 04:18 PM   #49
Horatio
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Hubby and I are trying to watch our weight...well, the idea is to watch it go down! LOL So we're hoping to get through the holidays without too much excess food making its way onto our hips etc.
Bah, you're taking all the fun out of it! Since Britain has very little to be thankful for (bad weather, bad government, Ant and Dec), I won't get to do my best blimp impression until December 25 when I'll be tucking into some of my mum's great roast pork. Be assured, I'll be doing my best to bloat myself out, and you should too! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-21-2005, 04:45 PM   #50
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Yup, Sir G, it's Thanksgiving on Thursday of this week for us. Nacht got our turkey out of the freezer and into the refrigerator yesterday. Hopefully it will be all thawed by Thursday morning!
Sheesh, cloudy, it's monday! Is your turkey 50 pounds or something?! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote