Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2004, 10:56 PM   #1
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

what is a good alternative program instead of using outlook express that is free? I remember reading it in a magazine once. but i cant seem to find it anymore.. any suggestions? thanks

update: i cant believe it!! this is soooo irritating.. i spent nearly 2-3 hours configuring my new and free POP3 server which I can recieve emails with no problems using my thunderbird mozilla, which i found more user friendly than eudora. anyway.. the main problem is that I cant for some darn reason be able to SEND any outgoing email.. wha??? ive tried 3 different POP3 accounts all with the same results except for the default email which was provided by my internet providor which makes me suspect of them filtering or tampering with my connection with my other POP3 servers for any outgoing emails. It is only a theory though, but when using the email's internet provider.. it worked liked a charm. I did follow instructions for the free POP email for HOTPOP, Nerdshack and Softhome and it wouldnt work at all (the outgoing connection i mean)... sigh.. anyone else having a probelm similar to this? i am planning to talk with my internet provider.. Actually its my uncles but it cant hurt can it?.. any suggestions you guys can give me?

another edit: because of this i have now in total 6 email accounts [img]tongue.gif[/img] ... not that i did it intentionally but its nice to have a backup email you know

[ 07-10-2004, 11:05 AM: Message edited by: Harkoliar ]

Catch me if you can..
Old 07-09-2004, 11:31 PM   #2
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

err... i meant.. like being able to retrieve your emails from yahoo, hotmail, lycos and others.. into one program.. i have 4 email address (1 for emergency, the other for school (required)) but the others i personally use.. im a complete idiot for email stuff.. so hopefully you can recommend me a program meant for dummies.

Catch me if you can..
Old 07-09-2004, 11:33 PM   #3
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

A few years back Eudora gave a good run for the money(free). I have not kept track.
Try download.com you might find something there.

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Old 07-09-2004, 11:37 PM   #4
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Dunno, but I know a program called Trillion (?)combined IM messengers together, perhaps it did the same with email? I never used it, only going on info told to me from others, and I could be way off.

Reality Show Recaps
Old 07-09-2004, 11:47 PM   #5
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

trillian is only good for chat messaging LK . Ill check out eudora.. i did search in download.com.. but no luck there..

Catch me if you can..
Old 07-09-2004, 11:57 PM   #6
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

OK, good luck Hark. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 07-10-2004, 12:11 AM   #7
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

ive got it felix.. the eudora program is looking good.. thanks alot !

Catch me if you can..
Old 07-10-2004, 11:08 AM   #8
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

alttle bump .. inlight of editing my first post.. i was thinking of posting it here.. but what the heck

Catch me if you can..