Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 09-06-2001, 01:04 AM   #1
Norbane
Dungeon Master

My problem is somewhat simple (I am, however, a moron; thus unable to come up with the appropriate solution), when trying to re-install BG2, it keeps prompting me for disk 5, but as we all know, there is none. Anyone know the solution to this? Very strange and has never happened to me before. It all started when BG2 started freezing on me, very strange because my system is more then capable of running BG2.

Thanks in advance folks,

Norbane
Old 09-06-2001, 07:51 AM   #2
Legolas the Elven Archer

Did you ever install ToB on your computer? If so, there may be a file somewhere that's asking to see the ToB disc. Just a guess...

------------------
The last arrow of Legolas kindled in the air as it flew,
and plunged burning into the heart of a great wolf-chieftain.
All the others fled. -J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

And now for my official welcome:

Welcome to the board, NORBANE!

[This message has been edited by Legolas the Elven Archer (edited 09-06-2001).]

Old 09-06-2001, 09:56 AM   #3
Ged
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Welcolm
There are hundreds of posts about this issue - can you run a search on 'disk 5' ? - you will find lots of helpful hints - one is to try and put disk 1 back again (insted of a none existant 5), another is to try for a reinstall, waiting for each disk to stop spinning (and waiting a short while when putting the disk in the drive)
Hope this helps
Old 09-06-2001, 11:44 AM   #4
Sorcerer Alex

I've had this exact same problem - it means disc 1 instead of 5, a slight mistake by Black Isle.

Old 09-06-2001, 10:41 PM   #5
Norbane
Dungeon Master

I've tried using disk 1 when the disk 5 prompt comes up. Unfortunately there's no success with that.