Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 09-26-2001, 11:27 AM   #1
szydd
Elite Waterdeep Guard

me- ranger, lvl 15. frostreaver, equalizer
aeire- lvls 13, sling of avoreen, baldurian sheild, 21 str belt
imoen- lvl 14, geshen bow
anomen- lvl 19, skull crusher, flail of ages
minsc- lvl 15, silver sword
keldorn- level 14, crom feyer

now my normal strategy is cast all my protections and combat spells, head into batlle with my fightr dudes and keep aerie and imoen back, sometimes anomen, and cast silence into the fray with a spellcaster, imoen and aerie stay clear to remove and spell prtection form enemies that were to quick and then start an offensive magic barrage as my fighters start hackin away. so far it seems to work beautifully, little parts flyin every where, its great. also i keep namarra in my characters quick slot for and extra silence spell if i nedd it.

any suugestions on stragigy that i could improve??? i like to hear some suggestions? thanks

------------------
Rangers and hamsters everywhere, REJOICE
--golden hunter of alsb--
Old 09-26-2001, 12:20 PM   #2
Horatio
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

It depends wot kind of party u want. If u aren't looking for a quest, dump Anomen. Also, Imoen is pretty weak, you should get a better thief (let's face it: Jan rules). Minsc and Keldorn are good as front line fighters, and Arie can be useful as a priest.
Old 09-26-2001, 01:26 PM   #3
Rikard

Quote:
Originally posted by Horatio:
It depends wot kind of party u want. If u aren't looking for a quest, dump Anomen. Also, Imoen is pretty weak, you should get a better thief (let's face it: Jan rules). Minsc and Keldorn are good as front line fighters, and Arie can be useful as a priest.
Imoen is weak as a thief but Strong as a Mage
Jan is medium as a Mge and medium as a Thief

It depends
Imoen has the most elemental Thief skills (find traps and open locks) and that's all your really need

------------------

I'm Watching you...

Old 09-26-2001, 01:39 PM   #4
Tuor
Elminster

Sounds fairly good to me, if it works carry on-your tactics obviously don't need fixing.

What I would say though is:

Looks like you could use more summoned creatures if you want to haste and slow (married with greater malison) works well and invisibility also throws a spanner in the works for your opponent especially if you've got a reasonable thief.

Incidently if Aerie is hanging back why has she got the girdle of Frost giant strength-sounds like an utter waste of a good item to me-you're better off giving it to a fighter, you'll do far more damage.

Also how do you get on against dragons? What happens to your tactics when you don't have time to prepare all your combat spells and protection spells? Do you have to re-evaluate your strategy or not?

I usually play with at least two good mages (single class) so I tend to rely more on summoned creatures than you appear to but your party certainly seems well balanced with a good mix of equipment. But I would get Keldorn Carsomyr if I were you it's a great sword.
Old 09-26-2001, 01:50 PM   #5
Ed
Manshoon

Keep Aeire. She Rules!!

------------------

The REAL Minsc/Boo double act .....

Platinum Fighter of ALSB
Old 09-26-2001, 04:11 PM   #6
Encard
Quintesson

Hmm... My suggestions are replacing Aerie with Viconia, Anomen with Jan, Imoen with Edwin, giving Keldorn the Holy Avenger, giving your main char Crom Fayer, and I'd suggest giving Minsc Blade of Roses and Skullcrusher to dualwield (or something as good as that, myabe Daystar instead of blade of roses). *shrug*

------------------
Lord of the RaBid Fruit Trees. ChAos rules all! Bwahahahaha...
:1drgat1: