Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > NWN Mod: Escape from Undermountain

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2004, 11:37 AM   #141
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

Thanks TDC. New ones that I found on Level 11:

1) Goldie's quest didn't give the reward promised in the dialogue. (custom item made by herself and a ton of gold) All I received was 5k XP...

2) The adventurers in the cave just near the friendly camp didn't recognise I had killed the beholders etc until I had looted either the beholder stash or the body of the eye tyrant. The first time I just left the loot and didn't have the dialogue option 'yes' appear to me when they asked had I finished.

Great level though, my mage can actually survive on it now [img]smile.gif[/img] Managed to go toe-to-toe with two monks and come out on top Liberal beatings on the head with my staff!

And the cow zone is just too funny! They were tough for cows though! Had to chug a few heals in my time there. Z, your twisted imagination is what makes this mod so great, 'death cow', 'mage cow' - priceless
Old 10-19-2004, 05:37 PM   #142
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Hey Shamrock,

The first one is a bug.

The second one is not. You need to prove to the adventurers that you killed the eye tyrant by brining them back the eye stalk. Its in there dialog.

I will send Ziroc a PM along with my new bug report.

Cheers!
Old 10-21-2004, 09:39 PM   #143
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Don't know if it's been mentioned, but the other day an Ogre berserker got out of the cell in the main part of Southquarter area or lvl 3(when you 1st enter and see the fight going on) and we hit it for a load of damage then a guard did and it kept coming and wouldn't die! Last we saw of it, it was pounding on the door to come into skullport!

I think Animal's pc did a lot of damage to it as well. It followed myself and my husband around the whole area too.

Then another one: in the secret area accessed from the lizard cave the Iron golem went nutso on Moric after my pc died and respawned and hadn't rejoined him to her party. That wasn't surprising, but what WAS surprising is this- the iron golem ignore my pc and her summoned vampire and kept wailing on Moric who showed NO damage at all for the total time it was wailing on him! I finally killed it, at least I think it was me! But I don't think Moric was fighting back at all.
Old 10-21-2004, 11:57 PM   #144
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

That Oger Berserker is always getting loose. At least 10 times that I have gone through that Double door headed toward southern area after you pass the prison area. I have never been able to kill it yet.
Old 10-22-2004, 11:40 AM   #145
Andy O' Necropolois
Elite Waterdeep Guard

note to Z the magic users are not being utilized as epic chars due to them not gaining anything past about level 25 or so hitpoints and whatnot are gained but no new spells per day are gained only epic spells which are once per day things--i believe there is a way to level this out with a small addition--i could be wrong. and u might want it this way--just putting in my 2 cents worth fer ur perusal [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-22-2004, 02:26 PM   #146
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

Hmm...I haven't experienced that Andy and I just took a wizard to level 40 a couple of days ago. Is there anyone else who could confirm/deny this?
Old 10-24-2004, 06:42 AM   #147
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

I've gotten new spells as long as im increasing my casting attribute.

Make sure that if you want more spells that you are pumping points into your primary casting attribute i.e mage = intelligence, sorcerer = charisma. Or get plently of intelligence or charisma enhancing items.
Old 10-24-2004, 08:39 AM   #148
StigTC

Got a bug in the proving grounds.
When you're doing the quest finishing chat with the keybearer the conversation will be interrupted if someone comes running by and you wont get your reward(s).

This has happened to both me and one of my mates when we solved the quest together. The quest was completed, but since someone ran by just after we completed the quest and before we asked for the reward we wont get the ancient item or the key to door number 13.

As far as I can tell it's caused by that annoying script that makes him chase you around whenever you enter/exit the proving grounds.
One fine day in the middle of the night, two dead boys got up to fight, <br />Back to back they faced each other, drew their swords and shot each other. <br />The deaf policeman heard the noise, and came and shot those two dead boys. <br />If you don\'t believe this joke is true, ask the blind man, he saw it too!
Old 10-24-2004, 08:00 PM   #149
StigTC

Update.

It seems it has nothing to do with getting interrupted. It's certain classes that don't get either reward or key.
One fine day in the middle of the night, two dead boys got up to fight, <br />Back to back they faced each other, drew their swords and shot each other. <br />The deaf policeman heard the noise, and came and shot those two dead boys. <br />If you don\'t believe this joke is true, ask the blind man, he saw it too!
Old 10-24-2004, 08:19 PM   #150
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Hey Stig,

Reported this issue to Z on the weekend. Each class is ment to get a different reward when completing the proving grounds. As you noted before the Drow proving Grounds guard called you a fighter when your a mage. Some classes arn't being reconised by the reward script.

Cheers!