Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Darkstone

Old 05-27-2001, 04:33 PM   #1
Cort

I just got DarkStone like a week ago and i think it is a really awesome game but where do you get youth potions i only found like 2 and they were on quests. Can you buy them? I have never seen them in a store plz help. Also i want to try the game online but dont know what to do. help me out plz
Old 05-27-2001, 05:06 PM   #2
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Cort:
I just got DarkStone like a week ago and i think it is a really awesome game but where do you get youth potions i only found like 2 and they were on quests. Can you buy them? I have never seen them in a store plz help. Also i want to try the game online but dont know what to do. help me out plz
Okey dokey (deep breath)

Firstly I will assume you have a legit copy (not burned). My first bit of advice is to READ THE MANUAL My second is to look at the thread here on "Patches" and get them installed asap.

On the specifics:-

Youth potions are rare early on in the game and don't really appear in the shops till higher levels later on. Any you find keep them safe! I would suggest you use one each time your age gets above about 40. Don't be tempted to use the rest function either - just return to town and pay the innkeeper to restore your health & mana. Oh and btw, if you play enough and reach lvl 100 (120 is the max) you wont age any more. So thats something to aim for!

On-line Darkstone would probably be better left until you get a bit more exp. in how the game operates and you find your feet. . Here is a site where you can usually find no-line players http://aldervista.de/darkstone/index...er&lang=en&ad= It also has a chat prog where you can find other players. Gamespy Arcade also supports multiplayer Darkstone.

Happy hunting

------------------
Regards

Mouse
Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2001, 09:04 PM   #3
Granamere
Zhentarim Guard

Just FYI. Darkstone just rereleased in a gamepack with Tzar and Age of Wonders. That is where I got my copy. Hey $20 not to bad for three games. My point is new people are finding the game now and you might see some new interest in it. When Darkstone 2 releases I will buy it!
Granamere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2001, 01:15 PM   #4
Sergio
Welcomed New User

Don´t worry about Darkstone 2. It won´t be released (or develop) for the moment.
¡Qué pena!
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2001, 01:39 PM   #5
Granamere
Zhentarim Guard

I thought I saw an article on this site about someone starting to work on it. Did they give up of what is up with it? Thanks for the info though even if I did not want to hear it.
Thanks,
Granamere
Granamere is offline   Reply With Quote