Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2002, 11:05 AM   #1
Vlad Tepes
Dungeon Master

Hi, since I haven't seen any post saying something about it, Blizzard had war3 ready to launch july 3 hpoing they could seel the 4.5 million copies they had produced, but a few days ago some fella hacked blizzard and "STOLE" War3 from them, well just for u guys to have an idea.. when the hacker published the game on the net the worldwide web got 28% slower (CNN published it) noew Blizzard will probably go insane cuz many forums throught the world have already posted realms where ppl with the game will play...

I will buy War3, but just think of all the people who won't... man, this is Blizzard worst nightmare... now let's wait to see wut the always-revengeful-blizzard will do
Old 06-23-2002, 11:07 AM   #2
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

lol; Oh dear. poor blizzard. hahaha, still you must see the funny side. of course blizzard WILL lose millions, but... lol, still funny.
Old 06-23-2002, 11:08 AM   #3
Neb
Account deleted by Request

F***ing hackers, if something is ruining everything then it's them. Pirating f***ers. I think that we should all start a search on the web for the sites with the game and then report them to Blizzard. As well as start a petition that pirating games can result in at least 20 years in jail.
Old 06-23-2002, 11:12 AM   #4
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

it would be imposible to enforce, coz the worlds NOT united, and ppl all over the world use the net. why should ppl from england have to suffer 'american justice' or vica versa. I dont mean to offend, they ppl SHOULD be punished, but, they should be punished according to the laws of thier own country. the worlds got enough problems as it is, without other conutries trying to impose/enforce their will upon others.
Old 06-23-2002, 11:17 AM   #5
Neb

Quote:
Originally posted by Calaethis Dragonsbane:
it would be imposible to enforce, coz the worlds NOT united, and ppl all over the world use the net. why should ppl from england have to suffer 'american justice' or vica versa. I dont mean to offend, they ppl SHOULD be punished, but, they should be punished according to the laws of thier own country. the worlds got enough problems as it is, without other conutries trying to impose/enforce their will upon others.
Because they hurt american people and their profits. We should have one unified law for the entire Earth, then people would be unable to seek refuge anywhere. And it should be a lot harsher in a lot of places.

What if there's a country where murder is legal? While you're in a plane flying above it you're in their airspace, following their laws. Someone on the plane kills your brother who's sitting next to you. Should be he punished according to those laws?

[ 06-23-2002, 11:19 AM: Message edited by: Neb ]
Old 06-23-2002, 11:32 AM   #6
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
quote:
Because they hurt american people and their profits. We should have one unified law for the entire Earth, then people would be unable to seek refuge anywhere. And it should be a lot harsher in a lot of places.

What if there's a country where murder is legal? While you're in a plane flying above it you're in their airspace, following their laws. Someone on the plane kills your brother who's sitting next to you. Should be he punished according to those laws?
[/QUOTE]It shouldnt be an american law tho; it should be a UN one, or something similar, agreed by all or MOST of the countries around the world. if someone killed a brother? I dont have any brothers if they did, I would think seriously about hunting them down, and killing them... but that would taint my own hands in blood... at that point, I might not care though... I...dont know... waht about you?
Old 06-23-2002, 12:10 PM   #7
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
lol; Oh dear. poor blizzard. hahaha, still you must see the funny side. of course blizzard WILL lose millions, but... lol, still funny.
I'm glad that you can actually see a funny side of something that is a) illegal; and b) piracy of someone else's blood, sweat and toil.

And I'm a bit confused about your "American justice" statement - I wasn't aware that piracy/theft was legal in the UK?

Old 06-23-2002, 12:26 PM   #8
Dramnek_Ulk

Quote:
F***ing hackers, if something is ruining everything then it's them. Pirating f***ers. I think that we should all start a search on the web for the sites with the game and then report them to Blizzard. As well as start a petition that pirating games can result in at least 20 years in jail.
Can you say emotive reaction?
It’s only a game,
sure it’s bad thing , but there are worse things to worry about.
and pirateing games is only the symptom of a larger problem.

Old 06-23-2002, 12:28 PM   #9
Neb

Quote:
Originally posted by Dramnek_Ulk:
quote:
Can you say emotive reaction?
It’s only a game,
sure it’s bad thing , but there are worse things to worry about.
and pirateing games is only the symptom of a larger problem.
[/QUOTE]It's not just a game. It's someone's hard work, what would you do if you had spent several years making something that would earn you and your family money and then someone copied it and denied you a large portion of the money that you should have had? And yes, there might be worse things, but that's no reason to ignore this.
Old 06-23-2002, 12:30 PM   #10
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
You are an little agry guy you Neb lol yeah i have mailed blizzard about 10 times about "warez" pages where war 3 is available (iso images) and what do i get back from them, NOTHING not an f*cking answer so no time have i got an thanks or something, so i dont send them any more mails about those "warez" pages anymore! and one of those page is REALY BIG and it is there now this day it have not been closed down yet! and the page have over 1 million visitors from what i could see!!

[ 06-23-2002, 12:41 PM: Message edited by: Megabot ]