Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2004, 08:10 PM   #1
Daniel Copeland
Elite Waterdeep Guard

It's not much, but here is my first contribution to BG fanfiction.
|
|
|
|
|
THE PALADIN
The blade slices through the air one last time. It connects with the daemon's neck, slicing it cleanly from it's body. As the body falls, the paladin stands, breathless. He gazes at the body with a mixture of loathing and pity, hating its evil with every fiber of his being, yet knowing that the fiend was not responsible for what it was.
Another foe falls at my feet, he thinks.
As always he spends the next few minutes fighting the taint inside his soul; the part that loves the kill, no matter who is slain. He falls to his knees, held up only by his sword.
As he recovers from both the battle he has fought and the struggle within, he stands, and turns to survey the scene. His eyes are witness to the carnage that surrounds him. Corpses of foes, friends and innocents litter the field, painting it crimson, then black. He sighs and begins to chant, bringing back the fallen. As bodies are filled with new life, more voices rise in the air, as fellow paladins work to revive those still dead. The stillness of the empty battlefiel becomes filled once again with the music of life, that bustle and chatter of people working to help one another.
Soon all the knights are restored, and the innocents who were caught in the crossfire are also among the living, thanking the knights and making their way home.The paladin smiles, and sits down to rest. Soon the story is spread of how he was the one to defeat the demon lord, and tired bodies crowd him, with faces showing their eagerness to hear of the fight. He begins his story, smiling on those around him, nostalgic for the days when he was so young as to be entranced by an old man's tales.
As he wraps up his story, he hears footsteps coming toward him. He stands and turns, seeing a frightened messenger sprinting to share his message. There is another army, he tells, and rumors are that a daemon heads it. The paladin sighs, and calls his men to him.
It is time for battle.
Old 04-27-2004, 02:36 AM   #2
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Nice story. [img]smile.gif[/img] I am looking forward to read more of it.
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 10:23 AM   #3
Daniel Copeland
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Actually, it was supposed to be a stand-alone story, not part of a series. The ending is somewhat open because that's how life is. I didn't want to give it a neat, clean, standard ending (not that there's anything wrong with stories that have definite endings). The feeling I was trying to give was that the character's battle is never-ending. I can, however, write another story continuing this one, if you think I should. It would be fun. Thank you for your praise of my amateur story.