Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2002, 03:05 AM   #51
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

For those of you who get the black, white, and blue screens of death, the NWN main site has great support forums about this, as i found out when trying to figure out how to view screen shots. That SoD effects tons of peeps, so the answer might b there
Old 07-05-2002, 11:36 PM   #52
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

well I am having problems with the movies.. it is more of like irritating.. because the sound is choppy... and it slows down... crap... but the whole game runs fine
Bahamut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2002, 12:03 PM   #53
Obsidian the Black
Elminster

I'm having a problem with modules. I did all the Waterdhavian creature quests in chapter 1 and said to Aribeth i wanted to perfornm the ritule. It said loading module and then turned of that current game, went on to the pre made character select screen, said invalid and then when i canceled out of that it went on to the multiplayer screen and said 'Bad Strref', why ,why, why. I realy want it fixing, plz help!
Obsidian the Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2002, 07:08 AM   #54
Darkman

Sorry if this has already been posted but I was afraid I'd see too many spoilers if I read this thread.

When you buy armor from the dwarf at the beginning of the game in the training area, you can purchase unlimited paladin outfits for 0 gold and sell them right back to him for 1 gold apiece. Slow and cheesy way to make some cash..
Old 07-07-2002, 07:14 AM   #55
Obsidian the Black
Elminster

Just giving it a bump!
Obsidian the Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2002, 07:32 AM   #56
Natural_20
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ok, I have frustrating issue I would love to get some feedback on. First my system:
Athelon 700 w/384 MB Ram
GeF3 TI200 w/64MB Ram
Win98 SE
SB PCI128
Iomega 32x4x8 CD-RW (only cd drive)
MS Optical wheel mouse

On a very random basis, but enough to be a serious pain in the arse, when I select a game to load, the comp will lock hard at the "unpacking module..." point. I had a very hard time installing the game and eventually had to copy the install 1 & 2 CD's to my hard drive to get it to complete the install. Tech support, via phone, said the install issue was possibly outdated bios on the CD-RW and suggested I reflash it. I did, but after I had installed from the hard drive. I am wondering if this could still be my issue as you must have the Plat CD inserted to play. Last night I had to reboot 6 times while trying to play in a multi-player game due to system locks.
Anyone have any suggestions...other than buy a new CD-Rom?

Also, I had to disable my Zone Alarm software, software based firewall, to even get the game to run. Even if playing solo off-line it seems to conflict with NWN and cause system lock ups.

Thanks
Natural_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2002, 03:13 AM   #57
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Just a bump up.

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2002, 09:12 AM   #58
Nerull
Lord Ao

Ok, I don't know if these have been addressed elsewhere, but I am having two bugs:

1. I have yet to see one of the movies between the modules. All I see is the loading screen frozen, and hear all of the dialog from the movie. As soon as the movie (that I can't see) is over, it finishes loading just fine. So I know what went on during the movie (since I can hear it just fine), but saw none of the animations. Kind of like being a blind man in a theater.

2. I was in Luskan in chapter 2, and had finished the sewers. I had the game freak out and crash (hint, never use Windows Messenger while running the game, since it can crash it when you receive a message). When I loaded back up, suddenly all the quests that I had done in the sewer were back in my "unresolved" journal area. I had all of the stuff I had accumulated in the sewers, except for the quest items, and my xp was right were it was when I finished the quests. I went back into the sewers, and the sewers were completely unexplored! I had to go back and redo all of the quests again, giving me extra xp and extra items (hey, I'm not complaining, it's just that I had finished it, and it was a little frustrating having to do it all again). I had made sure to save after I was out of the sewer (that's why I still had all of the stuff I had accumulated in the sewers, like the Dragon Slippers). Thus, I ended up with 2 pairs of dragon slippers, etc. Also got double the xp, so definitely not complaining. It was just a weird bug.
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Nerull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2002, 02:45 AM   #59
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

I'm reporting a possible bug with the Toolset - the three times I have tried to use it it has abnormally crashed, which is annoying, to say the least.

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2002, 02:53 AM   #60
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Well I dont know if its a bug... but sometimes one of my B/S's level of spells went up to 255 casts or something during rest.. and if I canceled my rest.. I would have 255 spells of that level for me to cast. [img]graemlins/uhoh1.gif[/img]

Also my sound never copes past the loading screen...
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote