Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 12-12-2005, 06:38 AM   #1
Envy
Dungeon Master

Spoilers
Hi all,
When I'm in chapter 2 I rescued the poisoned man and deliver him to Harper Hold then again in chapter 2 I accepted Xzar's quest(saving Montaron) and delivered him to Xzar(as a bird) As you can guess an assasin appeared and killed him..
But....

According to my experience another harper must show herself and call Jaheira for a day and after resting she must return to party..But after Xzar killed no one come to call Jaheira..

My game is fully patched with romance mod installed too.And we are dating with no problems until that point..What can I do?
Did I activate Harper's quests early? Help please...
Old 12-12-2005, 06:42 AM   #2
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Try resting.
Old 12-12-2005, 06:54 AM   #3
Envy
Dungeon Master

After Xzar was killed i of course tried resting..either inside or outside.It didnt matter,The Harper didnt come to call Jaheira..
Old 12-12-2005, 08:26 AM   #4
Grojlach
Zartan

I could be wrong, but that Jaheira-leaving-for-a-while thing isn't until much, *much* later in the game. So no problems here.
Grojlach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 10:47 AM   #5
Madman
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by Grojlach:
I could be wrong, but that Jaheira-leaving-for-a-while thing isn't until much, *much* later in the game. So no problems here.
nope your right, youll find she leaves after a while, usually in my experience when your outside athkatla
Old 12-12-2005, 11:49 AM   #6
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

I thought that was semi-early... It happened to me around Nalia's castle...
Kyrvias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 12:21 PM   #7
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyrvias:
I thought that was semi-early... It happened to me around Nalia's castle...
Seeing as to how everyone plays the game in a different fashion and the quests in a different order, that's not really saying all that much. I usually get that trigger in Chapter Six, but part of that is perhaps that I normally go to Spellhold at a relatively early stage in the game. I guess it just depends on how you play the game, I suppose; though it's certainly not supposed to trigger directly right after the Xzar quest.
Grojlach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 01:15 PM   #8
Zarr
Symbol of Cyric

Envy: If your not romancing Jaheria the harper will come to fetch Jaheria straight after Xzar dies. If you are however it takes longer.
*spoiler*
The Harper will come after you have had the ambush in the wilderness part of Jaheria's romance plot. If you have had this and Meronia still hasn't appeared it's a bug, if you haven't, wait.
Old 12-12-2005, 02:53 PM   #9
Melcheor
Manshoon

If I remember correctly, the next thing to happen (obviously there's a spoiler coming) is meronia (?) comes and summons you all before the harpers, who attack you. If you're romancing jaheira (as opposed to just having her in the party) it takes much longer for meronia to show up.
Melcheor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 06:17 AM   #10
Envy
Dungeon Master

Hi again,
I quit to wonder about the harper girl,because as some of you said she doesnt need to appear right after Xzar is killed.Anyway I checked the lovetalks and I'm on 27 th so she will appear I think after the 34 th lovetalk so I reloaded my game just before giving Xzar the bird and go to find Imoen..

when I return I think I'll be ready to chase the romance..And by the way,,
A bird looking Harper Assasin who is in fact must be Montaron according to an unlucky necromancer is in my pack..travelling with me all the way through Asylum,Shaugin City and Underdark..Lucky bastard.. [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]