Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 09-10-2006, 06:26 PM   #1
Lavindathar
Harper

Ok guys n gals!

As some of the earlier joining members may remember, I had an obsession with cars!

Well, here is my latest and greatest creation. I've owned her around 6 months, and it's currently having it's engine rebuilt to around the 400bhp mark. It's currently at 300bhp. Started as standard 220bhp.

It also has a full cream leather interior with purple seams, full soundsystem.

The wheels are 18", I could of gone bigger but I lose the speed.

The backbox is 5", but sounds awesome. It's big, but needs to be due to the turbo.

The turbo is a twin-entry ceramic turbo.....

I did it as I wanted an attention seeking showcar, that was fast. Now I jsut want faster.

And she only weighs 1200kg, so 400bhp into that is quite nice.

1991 MR2 Turbo

18,000 pounds spent and rising

RWD, 0-60mph in 4.6 seconds, top speed of 164mph (highest I've got at mo), and a quarter time that averages 13seconds.

Oh, and all say hi! I'm in the first pic with the beige/blue jumper and hat [img]tongue.gif[/img]

REMEMBER IT WAS BUILT AS AN ATTENTION SEEKING SHOW CAR THAT WAS ROAD LEGAL.

The purple Fiesta RS Turbo next to it in the last pic is mine as well.

Edit - Whats the betting I get proper flamed for my car lol....you either love it or you hate it [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 09-10-2006, 06:37 PM: Message edited by: Lavindathar ]
Old 09-10-2006, 06:40 PM   #2
Lavindathar
Harper

And for those that are interested, my fully restored 1989 Fiesta RS Turbo.

One off respray in Deep Metallic Violet.
1.6 CVH Turbo.

Old 09-10-2006, 07:43 PM   #3
Sir Krustin
Symbol of Cyric

RICEBOY

lolz
Old 09-10-2006, 07:47 PM   #4
Lavindathar
Harper

I want opinions on the car, not you trying to stereotype me personally thinking im some little chav boy racer.

Grow up dude, for all our sakes.
Old 09-10-2006, 07:54 PM   #5
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

I like it. I am kinda surprised to see that you can have a 1200 kg car with 400 hp, but other than that it's all good. I even like the color, odd as that may sound. It... fits [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-10-2006, 08:38 PM   #6
Lavindathar
Harper

I like it too...thanks for the comments. I personally think the colour is the best thing about the car.

Quote:
Weight
1260 Kg (source: 'Japanese Performance' magazine, Jan 2000).
Curb weight of the american MR2 turbo T-bar car is listed in an american 1994 and 1995 Toyota brochure as 2888 lbs; that's 1310 Kg. Hardtop car should be very slightly lighter though. 'Curb weight' probably means full tank of fuel and spare wheel and jack, so 1260 Kg could easily be dry weight of a hardtop.

U.S. brochure also lists coefficient of drag (Cd) as 0.31
See here -

http://www.mr2turbo.info/specs.html

And as you can see, my car is the hardtop. And I don't have a jack, spare wheel either. Plus ive replaced all metal bumpers etc with fibreglass ones. I reckon I lost a good 100kg off that weight. And my alloys are lightweight as well.

It gives the weight of the car as 1260kg. It's not too hard to lose that 60kg. In fact, I've lost a lot more. But, due to the sound install and nice interior, ive put some back on.

And my engine, is the 3S-GTE engine. It also featured in the Toyota Celica GT4. 2 litre twin entry turbo.

The highest known power figure I know of for this engine is a Toyota Corrolla (with a Celica GT4 engine in) created by Toyota experts Fensport. Their engine produces 650bhp.

See here for the 650bhp version of my engine - http://www.fensport.co.uk/fensportcars.htm

My 400 doesn't look that good compared to that does it? So it's easily possible. But i do want to lose more weight.

And the reason it is viable, is although my car is very light and very powerful, the engine is in the rear. And it's RWD. So all the weight is over the back wheels, meaning it retains grip when acclerating.

[ 09-10-2006, 08:44 PM: Message edited by: Lavindathar ]
Old 09-10-2006, 10:15 PM   #7
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

The stats sound really good, and that's not a bad 1/4 mile time. Might could shave it a bit with NOX, but I'm not sure how stable it would be...It sure is pink...
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 06:11 AM   #8
Lavindathar
Harper

Well, I picked the MR2 because they aren't a common site on UK roads...especially the turbo.

I also wanted something that was light, and I could get huge power from it.

I considered 4wd, but decided on RWD as it's definately the coolest thing on the roads. And most RWD cars now are front engined, which was something I didn't want as I wanted a lightweight power machine. So engine in the back then. That left me with a 911 turbo or an MR2 turbo, and Porsche's don't make good showcars! Plus I do like 2 seaters [img]tongue.gif[/img]

There aren't too many MR2 turbo's in the country, so it was an obvious choice.

So it arrived on UK soil from Japan in a metallic green kinda colour.

And Robert, the engine could take NOS now. All the internals have been uprated (racing crankshaft and bearings, high lift cams, lightened conrods, forged pistons etc), but I just dont have the £600 needed to get it fitted. Plus it's quick enough at the moment!
Old 09-11-2006, 07:30 AM   #9
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

99.9% of the time, pink cars look gay/crap, but I gotta admit, that car looks quite good.
Some very impressive figures there [img]smile.gif[/img]

I would love to cruise a bit in that car, as I can imagine you would get a few challengers at street lights that are fooled into a false sense of security by the colour.

EDIT: By the way, does it say "It's rude to stare" on the windscreen?

[ 09-11-2006, 07:32 AM: Message edited by: Hivetyrant ]
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 07:52 AM   #10
Lavindathar
Harper

I think the thing that makes this pink car different, is a) the styling of the car, and b) the paint itself.

It's Miami Pink Pearl, and the Pearl is blue. So the car does change colour in the light, but unfortuantely on photos you can't see the blue so much.

And yeah it says its rude to stare.

[ 09-11-2006, 07:53 AM: Message edited by: Lavindathar ]