Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2003, 02:24 PM   #71
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Shaide:

Usa is a country where the people just love the money (or this is what their presidents want the other country
to see them, with their stupid war invading other countries more poor but rich in oil, I mean Irak )

Hmm..If people love the money so much (and we do, to be honest) and love oil, why don't we just drill in Alaska? That would probably be cheaper then a war half way around the globe?

Usa is a country of freedom and life(Like Guantanamo or Electric chair)

1 Gitmo isn't nearly as bad as the leftist press (I dont know the leanings of the press in Spain however) makes it out to be. Beside, the people there are aressted combantants, I dont think they qualify for the freedoms they are trying to take away. 2 I think we should get rid of the electric chair as well. I think a better sentence is solitary confinment and/or a life of hard labor.

Usa is a peacefull country (the people can get a gun easily) So? Whats do gun's have to do with peace? There are 3 guns in my house and no one has ever been shot here. Surprising? Not really. On top of that my (step) brother's Dad had gun's galore, and he never shot anyone. I violence in this country is can be blamed on the carlessness of the people, rather than guns.
Usa is the powerfull country (when they attack african countries or other countries with less thecnology, they dont
attack North Korea because they have frighten (or North Korea havent got any oil plataform which steal))

I am guessing you are one of those people that complain about all the causualtys (sp) in Iraq. I am betting NK would be much worse. And to dispute America as a powerfull country, militarly at least, is insane.

Usa wants to be the world policeman (but they just bring peace invading the countries where are rich in oil)

I dont think Bosnia has a whole lot of oil do you? South Korea? Is Japan rich with oil? Germany? But yeah, I agree with you in a way, I think we should become Isolantionist for a while.

Usa are the friend of the poor Israel (Israel is the new NAZI COUNTRY, Judish killed muslims because they want and
ONU and USA see to other side saying that Judish lived in this country for century,but this is stupid thing because
Spain, or England could say the same and go to America to invading their respective old lands).

I guess the fact Romans displaced the Jews by instating 'Palastine' doesn't factor in much? Both Palestinians and Jews both have dirty hands in the affair.

In other words, USA is the tipical fat and powerfull boy who spank other boys because they are big and fat, in special
to other slim and little boys.

I have no idea what this is suppouse to mean, I am guessing its a metaphore for bully. See Isolationist above.

The usa people could be nice, but their presidents is doing some wrong decision, and the rest of the world is seeing
usa people like bad, mad, and avaricious people.

So, who's fault is that? Certiantly not other countrys for mistakently seeing us as 'bad,mad and avaricious people'. Fourtenatly I know that isn't true, at least in some places.
To answer the question at hand, I agree with Timber.

[ 11-30-2003, 02:35 PM: Message edited by: Iron_Ranger ]
<br />[url]\"http://www.bratgirlcentral.com/cgi-bin/ouapforum/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi\" target=\"_blank\">Once Upon A Paper</a><br />Living on a razors edge<br />Balancing on ledge<br />Living on a razors edge
Old 11-30-2003, 04:58 PM   #72
Svaerdhelgon
The Magister

I don´t really like USA,
Im not a fan of the "swim or sink" thinking and pure capitalism kinda annoys me.
The only thing that makes me think USA cant be all bad is that they joined WW2(if a little late) and whipped Nazi butt.
Old 11-30-2003, 09:25 PM   #73
TheGrandSlayer
Red Wizard of Thay

Meh, USA is a great country with a horrid government.
"Don't hate us because were Americans just hate our government," - NOFX
Old 12-02-2003, 03:06 PM   #74
Svaerdhelgon
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by TheGrandSlayer:
Isnt the government supposed to reflect the citizens?
Old 12-02-2003, 03:19 PM   #75
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Svaerdhelgon:
quote:
Originally posted by TheGrandSlayer:
Isnt the government supposed to reflect the citizens? [/QUOTE]Oh dear God, I hope not

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Old 12-02-2003, 04:03 PM   #76
Rokenn
Galvatron

Is this Amerika?

Armed Police Invade High School, No Drugs Found
Old 12-02-2003, 05:48 PM   #77
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Rokenn:
Is this Amerika?

I saw that on the news. Where are the good ol' Columbine crew when you need them? I've found that if I can find a show (almost ALWAYS fiction) where a cop gets his ass beat for a got 10 or 15 minutes, it brightens my day immensely. These guys are why I feel that way.
Old 12-02-2003, 06:53 PM   #78
CheeseMan
Dungeon Master

America is where everyone is labeled, and put into groups. Everyone has to have pride in something: whether you're a Democrat or Republican, what religion you are, or where you recieve your education. You are automatically put on a team. America is too damn competitive.
Old 12-03-2003, 05:50 PM   #79
madjim
The Magister

a country that consists of people that are descended from people who wanted something better,and that were willing to take unbelieveable risks.

With all its warts - STILL THE COUNTRY WITH THE MOST INDIVIDUAL FREEDOM IN THE WORLD.
Old 12-03-2003, 05:58 PM   #80
madjim
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
quote:
Originally posted by Rokenn:
Is this Amerika?

I saw that on the news. Where are the good ol' Columbine crew when you need them? I've found that if I can find a show (almost ALWAYS fiction) where a cop gets his ass beat for a got 10 or 15 minutes, it brightens my day immensely. These guys are why I feel that way. [/QUOTE]It brightened my day immensely when I encountered J/O s like you that had just been beaten and robbed.

I suggest that should you ever need help that you dial something other that 911, lest you be a f-ing hypocrite.