Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 12-22-2003, 07:56 AM   #1
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Has anyone here tried this game? Good graphics, but thats about it. I really like the parts you spend on your ship, between missions. It reminded me a bit of Star Trek: Elite Force, though not nearly as good. They should have done far more with the rest of your crew (I'd love to see more dialogue for Ne'Ban and Aida). Gameplay is hardly thrilling either. As long as you have ammo for the Widowmaker (sniper rifle) you are basicly unstopable, as long as you face human opponents. Otherwise, just strafe while you pump 'em full of lead with your shotgun. The story is pretty basic as well, and the missions are generally a bit too short. And where is the promised Astroids level? Overall, I'd give the game a 7/10.
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2003, 12:24 PM   #2
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

Alas, the only thing Unreal II lived up to was the display of GFX, inside and outside flowing and weaving cooperatively. Gameplay is what you'd expect IMO and otherwise, its just another couple of hours well spent if you have nothing else to do

[ 01-10-2004, 05:29 PM: Message edited by: Zuvio ]
Old 12-31-2003, 02:10 AM   #3
Gammit
Elminster

I thought the scene where your ship was down (and you had to repell the different waves of enemies) was awesome. Other than that, GREAT graphics, decent storyline. In retrospect, I'd pay $25-30 for it.
Old 12-31-2003, 09:44 AM   #4
Thoran
Galvatron

It's about what I expect from any first person shooter out there... good graphics and fairly redundant gameplay. Wander through level, pick up good weapons, kill bad guys. I've been bored with the Genre since Quake 3 came out and was exactly like Quake 2 which was exactly like Quake 1 which was exactly like Doom 2 which was exactly like Doom 1 which was exactly like Wolfenstein... except with graphics quality improving each generation.

Obviously that's a bit of an oversimplification, there were incremental improvements to gameplay in each succeeding generation... but they've reached an impasse imo... there's been no compelling new gameplay developments in the last two generations, just prettier graphics.

Sad to say but other than a big jump in graphics quality, it appears Doom III is going to be more of the same. Half Life 2 on the other hand... if it can deliver anything close to the demo it will raise the bar on gameplay to new heights. I've got my fingers crossed.

[ 12-31-2003, 09:45 AM: Message edited by: Thoran ]
Thoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 09:52 AM   #5
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

I have it but still have to install it. HL II and Doom III will be nice I think. From both:graphics and storyline... HL II probably just a little more better with the story...
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote