Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2003, 11:48 AM   #1
Melusine
Dracolisk

I've spent half an hour searching the Internet, checked all my old PS:Torment links but I can't find this info anywhere... am getting frustrated...

What do you need to do to become Lawful Good??
I know of one thing that'll help, namely to tell Deran (the guy in the Lower Ward who sells slaves) that you think it's a good way of paying their debt to society if criminals are made indentured servants. I already did this, but am not lawful good yet (in my previous game, this dialogue *did* make me LG). I haven't randomly attacked thugs, and don't think I gave many 'chaotic' answers.

Anyone have an idea?
Old 06-19-2003, 12:01 PM   #2
the mighty stamar

Its mostly through conversations with the characters. There are lots of places.

I switched back and forth from lawful good to neutral good a few times during the game.
the mighty stamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2003, 12:17 PM   #3
Melusine
Dracolisk

Ummm.. yes, I know it's through conversations - not 'mostly' even, I think it's the *only* way of changing alignment.
But what I'm asking is: what specific conversations? Does anyone know?
I'm in the Clerk's Ward, tying up loose ends of quests in preparation of going to Ravel's Maze.
I think vowing to do something and then actually doing it helps make you more lawful - for instance, I vowed to Iannis I'd find a way for him to access the sensorium that held part of Deoinarra's memories, and then made sure he actually could. One other thing is like I said, mentioning that you feel indentured servantship is a good way of paying one's debts to society.
Can anyone think of others? I find it strange that last time, I became LG through that dialogue and not this time - I've no idea where I went wrong, could have been anything I said.
Old 06-19-2003, 12:50 PM   #4
Melusine
Dracolisk

Nevermind! Somewhere in my conversation with Fall-From-Grace or Morte I must have said the right thing because I'm lawful good now! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Melusine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2003, 01:57 PM   #5
Stratos
Vampire

On a sidenote, I've read somewhere on the net that making fun of Morte is a chaotic action which should be avoided if you want to become lawful. I can't verify the truth in this statement though.
Old 06-19-2003, 02:58 PM   #6
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Stratos:
On a sidenote, I've read somewhere on the net that making fun of Morte is a chaotic action which should be avoided if you want to become lawful. I can't verify the truth in this statement though.
Stratos, that could be true. I think I might have done that once or twice... I can't truly confirm it but it seems likely, anyway. Another thing that I believe is confirmed to add to your "chaotic points" is to attack Hive Thugs without talking to them. If you want to loot them, your best bet is to talk to them, get them pissed off and then taking the option of fleeing. They turn hostile and you can attack them without penalties.
Anyway, I'm off now to buy the second tear of Salieru Dei - go me!
Old 06-19-2003, 05:43 PM   #7
Melusine
Dracolisk

Actually, I think I'll keep track of any alignment changes and how I brought them about here, could be useful for others.
BTW, now that I've used both Tears of Salieru Dei to up my CON, is there any reason for me to want to stay Lawful Good? Asking because I reverted back to NG in a dialogue and I would like to know what people consider the "best" alignment with regard to quests/conversation options/reactions etc. Personally I'm more of a NG roleplayer, I don't see my Nameless One as LG. But I'm enough of a power gamer to want to know if there are bonuses to staying Lawful Good

Anyway, the things I found out so far:
When trying to become a Godsman, once you find out Thildon was the murderer, he asks if you'll allow him to flee. Telling him he shouldn't and that the consequences will be worse for him if he does will change your alignment to LG or at least give you points in that direction.
If you go and tell Keldor that Thildon did it, but let Saros off the hook (i.e. keep still about his Anarchist affiliation) you can go and talk to Saros. Telling him how to be an anarchist turned me from LG into NG.
Old 06-19-2003, 09:11 PM   #8
the mighty stamar

Um well in terms of power gamer the best thing to be is lawful good.

Apart from the things that raise constitution there is also a few powerful lawful good weapons.

But really, there are extra things for everyone.

One thing I always wanted to try, was to help the anarchists from the beginning. Aparently there are a few quests and what not for anarchists and a special ability. So thats for only chaotic.
the mighty stamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2003, 12:21 AM   #9
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
On a side side note. I've heard that it's possible to start with a class other than human fighter. I could never figure out how though. Any insights? Is it even really possible? Also what exactly does morte's Litany of Curses ability do, and does he ever really get a body or is he stuck as a floating head the entire game?

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2003, 04:37 AM   #10
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Firestormalpha:
On a side side note. I've heard that it's possible to start with a class other than human fighter. I could never figure out how though. Any insights? Is it even really possible? Also what exactly does morte's Litany of Curses ability do, and does he ever really get a body or is he stuck as a floating head the entire game?
I don't think its possible to start with any other class then fighter. I could be wrong though. Morte's Litany of Curses causes enemy's to go berserk and attack him, very handy against powerful spellcasters.
On the issue of becoming LG; t'is indeed vowing that pulls your alignment towards lawful.
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote