Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2004, 01:50 AM   #1
Loudhy
Drizzt Do'Urden

In my current party my bard reached 75 in artifacts. I had luck and found Prospero's Cloak so she has 85 now. But still there are many items she can't identify ( no magic users in my party ). The Scroll of Identify level is too low now . So I gave her the Brilliant Helm and used scrolls and sticks and everything but I only managed to raise the skill to 87.
But still I am forced to sell the unidentified items to find out what they are. And ,of course, they are VERY!!!! expensive if I want them back.
Can anyone tell me a better way to raise the artifact skill to 100 ? Are there other items besides the cloak that spent artifact skill points ?

[img]graemlins/monster5.gif[/img]
Loudhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 01:55 AM   #2
Scatter
Symbol of Cyric

For Training Artifacts:
Mana Stones. Maidenhead (oh, not for Bard). Blarneystone Amulet.

I keep thinking there is something else that has a + 10 to Artifacts, but i can't remember...
Scatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 02:18 AM   #3
ferro287
Manshoon

Philosophers Shield gives +10 too. I doubt there are other items.

I wonder wether Mana Stone will train artifacts without recharging mana. And Blarneystone amulet is cursed, bad without magic as well.

Amulet of Asphyxiate could gain some artifacts as a lvl 7 spell (need combat though/not all easy to get). Maybe just amulet/ankh of healing and some selfmutilation action

If you want to id excaliber, you'll need 102, and i think that is among the most difficult, so with 7 more points&philosophers shield everything could be possible.
ferro287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 04:45 AM   #4
Loudhy
Drizzt Do'Urden

Trained the skill to 80 and found Philosophers Shield, so my bard has a skill of 100 now. But still she can't identify the instrument found in one room of the rapax rift.
I hope, Ferro buys it, so I can find out what it is.

[img]graemlins/monster5.gif[/img]

Update : artifact is 101, but both lyre ( rift ) and horn (castle) are still unidentified

[ 02-04-2004, 12:28 AM: Message edited by: Loudhy ]
Loudhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 08:33 AM   #5
Starfire
The Magister

I think when identifying items the game takes the base skill number so even though using items that raise the skill a certain number she wouldn't be able to identify certain things until her base skill is at the appropriate level.

hope that makes sense lol
Starfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 10:08 AM   #6
Scatter
Symbol of Cyric

Not true. Your skill for essaying items includes any items you have equipped. What would be the point, otherwise? (i've tested this; i was wearing my Cloak of Many Colors and had a few unknown items which i essayed once i switched back to Prospero to check them)
Scatter is offline   Reply With Quote