Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2003, 02:01 PM   #1
Angelousss
Red Wizard of Thay

ok so noticing the item making craze I was wondering if there's any chance for an ironworks item mod. I know we have some modders and it sounds like we have some people who would like to start modding. I've tried to start and failed miserably. if not we could always start one thread for item suggestions instead of a new thread for every one. and just to jump on the boat, Here's an item i'd love to see.

katana +4 Blade of Kilantron
-1 to ac
+5 magic resistance
+1 to dex
can cast
cure serious wounds 2x a day
heal once per day
stoneskin once per day

While records are incomplete rumors of the blade suggest this
When Kilantron began wielding this blade(and a twin blade which has been lost to history) it was a simple katana forged in by the village smithy. He trained with the blade at least twelve hours everyday in his monestaries' courtyard. As his skill increased so did the power of the blades. When he was an elder monk his monestary came under attack from a local warlord. For the fist time in thier existence the blades were used on others. He bravely fought forced a stalemate, eventually the warlord gave up choosing his men over possible riches from the monestary. Kilantron was found being supported by one of the blades, dead. Forever in defense of his beloved monestary. Noone was sure if he had seen the retreat of the attacking forces or not but the monks believe he did and knew he could rest.
Old 04-23-2003, 02:14 PM   #2
Throrgrim
Drow Warrior

Letter

While that items is very good (i'd certainly use it!!) you would need to balance it just a tad. u cant have a super item worth loads with no drawbacks. I would say this:

katana +4 Blade of Kilantron
-1 to ac
+5 magic resistance
+1 to dex
can cast
cure serious wounds 2x a day
heal once per day
stoneskin once per day

every hit 1 in 10 chance weilder beserks, attacking the nearest thing, friend or foe (so could be useful) beserk ends in 3 rounds turns whatever

OR

something very similar. the blade is good but not amazing so it should have at least one drawback.
Old 04-23-2003, 02:26 PM   #3
Thorfinn
Zhentarim Guard

I don't know. It is pretty much in line for a SoA Ritual-level treasure, with the possible exception of the Stoneskin. That probably pushes it over. It is probably fine for early ToB, when one of the first things mages do is remove protective magics...
Thorfinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 02:30 PM   #4
Annatar
Mephistopheles

Good idea, I have seen like euhm... 5 a 6 threads about item creating/forging ect... we need one thread for troubleshout and ideas about items.

I'll create one right now...

nice sword by the way
Old 04-23-2003, 05:43 PM   #5
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Its kinda stupid, I know, but what they hey? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

The Purifier

This powerful sword is the less known sister sword to the long lost enchanted blade 'The Equalizer'. Unlike the Equalizer, which strives for neutrality, the Purifier is made to eliminate evil, doing extra damage to such beings, as well as other abilites to seek out and destroy them. It does double damage to dragons as well.

Statistics:

While Equipped:
Regeneration (1 HP every second)
Protection from Evil
Immunity to Fear

Special Abilities:
Detect Evil

THACO: +4
Damage: 2DNormally considered +4); +6 vs. Evil; +5 vs. Draconic species
Speed Factor: 3
Weight: 15
Strength Required: 13