Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 08-29-2001, 11:36 AM   #1
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

Hi I'm playing BG2 and after I beat the game I like to restart with a TOTALY new party. What about evil ones? Is it enjoying the play with them?? IS IT POSSIBLE TO WIN THE GAME WITH THEM? or side-quests?

I'm afraid that they will lose tooooo many subquests cos mostly the game is deesigned for goods
Old 08-29-2001, 11:53 AM   #2
Vampire

Not true as greed will remain your main objective in search for altermate power.
Nah I can't think of any worthy quests not open to you! Evil NPCs in this game are by far more powerful! You might regret not picking up some of your old chums that have come all this way though!
Old 08-29-2001, 01:00 PM   #3
Tancred
White Dragon

Ahahhhh... Evil Aligned characters just have to be a little more... creative with the possibilities and opportunities that come your way.

The only downside is that you have to put up with a couple of neutral no-hopers till ToB.
Old 08-29-2001, 01:10 PM   #4
Debaser

evil-aligned parties are a lot of fun to play, in my opinion. i agree that the game is crafted more towards the classic good-aligned party, but that seems to change a little towards the end of BGII, and there is definitely more room for an evil aligned party in ToB, no doubt.
I say go for it, and have fun with it.
Old 08-29-2001, 02:15 PM   #5
IrishHound
Dungeon Master

You can play evil as long as your idea of evil is to not just kill peasants and what not, becasue then you will have big problems. But the game does allow for evil that is apparent in some of the responses it allows you to choose when dealing with npc's, you just have to be carefull and don't make the mistake of trying for a low rep...not to low anyway. And have alot of coin for those items you crave

------------------
To quote the pestering peasant, Neeber, of tradesmeet: "I killed a rabid rabbit! I'm experienced, now!"
Old 08-29-2001, 04:45 PM   #6
deathknight
Drow Warrior

It definatly is possible! The evil NPCs are great. It just is more expensive having that low rep is all. But if you are going evil then just make up for your cash issues with alot of stealing hehe.
Old 08-29-2001, 05:40 PM   #7
oldbittercraig
Elminster

hell, if you get your rep low enough, you can pay for everything by selling the plate mail of the town militia that are constantly hunting you!

I had a rep of 2 WITHOUT killing any innocents (I don't count either the gravedigger or Nalia's Aunt as innocent)... it IS expensive to keep the rep around an "acceptable" 6-7.
Old 08-29-2001, 05:59 PM   #8
Lord Shield

Quote:
Originally posted by IrishHound:
You can play evil as long as your idea of evil is to not just kill peasants and what not, becasue then you will have big problems. But the game does allow for evil that is apparent in some of the responses it allows you to choose when dealing with npc's, you just have to be carefull and don't make the mistake of trying for a low rep...not to low anyway. And have alot of coin for those items you crave

go for rep of 6 or 7 with evil - as for klling peasans - bah! When the mayor of Trademeet insuled me afer I"dealt" with his liittle problem, I slaughtered the whole town (well, i WAS playing a Berserker)

Lord Raptor just killed the mayor

------------------
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is pimp.
Lord Raptor's Site

Old 08-30-2001, 10:17 AM   #9
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

If I slay all the persons in town can it effect the whole story? ITs very hard to know what you have to do or not when youre evil.
Old 08-30-2001, 11:02 AM   #10
Tancred
White Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Zoltan:
If I slay all the persons in town can it effect the whole story? ITs very hard to know what you have to do or not when youre evil.
Don't try to second-guess the game, is my advice. Just act evil, be evil, get into the role. Break heads and don't take no slack and groove to evil vibes. To hell with how the story will go - because if you're acting in the spirit of being a mercenary-minded money-grabbing pitiless cruel immoral scumbag, the story should sort itself out. You miss a few opportunities, but you'll gain a couple too. Just think a bit - if you find a situation that might just go the other way, have a few thoughts on how maximum profit can be made with as little effort as possible - or just do nasty things for the hell of it. Whenever there's an alternative path to take from the straight-and-narrow, it should make itself clear.