Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2005, 08:18 PM   #1
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

This movie looks like pure, unadulturated CRAP.
WHYYYYYYYY!?

http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/fantastic_four/
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 11:05 PM   #2
Nerull
Lord Ao

As soon as I saw Jessica Alba as Sue Storm I just thought "this is going to suck..." [img]graemlins/2puke.gif[/img]

Unless I hear some really good things about it (like on the level of Spiderman 2), then I'll probably wait until it hits cable.
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Nerull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 05:41 AM   #3
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Boy, they really know how to wreck good originals
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 06:49 AM   #4
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Nothing special to me. Only good Marvel movies (IMO) are Spider-Man 1 and 2.
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 08:31 AM   #5
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

now this is a surprise..

edit: trailer looks pretty good actually. although i really dont remember dr. doom being part of the team when they went to space..

to be honest.. how did dr doom came to be? i cant seem to remember.. anyone?

[ 02-08-2005, 08:33 AM: Message edited by: Harkoliar ]

Catch me if you can..
Harkoliar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 09:16 AM   #6
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Quote:
Identity: Public
Legal status: King of Latveria, with full diplomatic immunity in the United States
Place of birth: Gypsy camp outside of Haasenstadt, Latveria
Group affiliation: None
First appearance: FANTASTIC FOUR Vol. 1, #5.

History: Victor Von Doom was raised by gypsies in a small European county called Latveria. He lost both of his parents at a very young age. Swearing revenge, Victor began to increase both his scientific and mystical knowledge with such determination that he was given a full scholarship to Empire State University. It was at ESU that Victor met Reed Richards and Ben Grimm, and where he started his extradimensional research. Doom's vanity prevented him from adjusting the schematics to one of his experiments, and the end result was an explosion that scarred Victor for life. Expelled from school, Victor began to travel the world, eventually stumbling upon a village of Tibetan monks who trained him and crafted him a suit of body armor, complete with face plate. He soon returned to Latveria, overthrew the government and crowned himself King. Ruling with an iron fist, Doom began to turn the resources of his small nation to his plans of world domination.

Height: 6 ft. 2 in.
Weight: 225 lbs.
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Brown

Known Superhuman Powers: While in his armor, Dr. Doom can lift (press) approximately 2 tons. He is one of the smartest men in the world and has an almost endless variety of weapons and equipment at his disposal. At the very least, Doom's armor contains a force field and concussion beams -- though more weapons may also be included. Dr. Doom also has the ability to switch minds with another person and he possesses a small amount of mystical knowledge as well.
Link.

[ 02-08-2005, 09:16 AM: Message edited by: Xen ]
Old 02-08-2005, 10:13 AM   #7
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

ah yes.. it sounds more familiar now with the doom i know [img]smile.gif[/img] . thanks for the link

Catch me if you can..
Harkoliar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 11:23 AM   #8
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

No problem. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-08-2005, 02:06 PM   #9
Darkman

Hmmm, looks like it could be as bad as Hulk, but not nearly as bad as Catwoman. I will probably rent this one unless I get really bored one day over the summer and have $7 to throw away.

A while ago I guessed that this would be the next comic book movie to be made. I had a feeling they would try to do another team-based movie since besides Spiderman, X-Men had done way better in the box office than the single hero movies. I can't believe I was right... That's pretty sad that the film industry can be so predictable!
Old 02-08-2005, 08:00 PM   #10
Sir Goulum
John Locke

I guessed Fantasic 4 as well! They'd better do a good job on this... they were probably my favourite comic book hero's!
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote