Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 05-30-2003, 05:16 PM   #31
Vedran
Lord Soth

Well, because the game says that sorcerer's ancestor was a powerful being, perhaps a dragon. And I cannot imagine a hen saying:
"Hello, I am Quack the roostermage and my grandpa was a red dragon called Udhhiilssllaaasllsaskk'saseek the Magnificent."
Vedran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2003, 01:34 AM   #32
Angelousss
Red Wizard of Thay

except the chicken would be the protaganist. And last time i checked bhaal qualifies as a powerful being. he got it one with a dragon, why not a chicken?

[ 06-01-2003, 01:38 AM: Message edited by: Angelousss ]
Old 06-01-2003, 06:18 AM   #33
Vedran
Lord Soth

You're right.
Quote:
Originally posted by Angelousss:
he got it one with a dragon, why not a chicken?
There is another interesting animal in the Marching Mountains (ToB).
That Bhaal is a weird fellow...
Vedran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2003, 08:57 AM   #34
DJG
Symbol of Cyric

You're getting my point. It is feasable that Bhaal mated with a chicken and had a chicken child. All the bhaalspawns (Apart from maybe the protagonist) are human/half human. And if a half human dragon looks like a proper dragon why can't a half human chicken?

MILD TOB SPOILERS

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

Quote:
Melissan:
A bhaalspawn elf is just as much of an abomination
Where does she get that idea? Dragons, Fire Giants, Drows, and she thinks the elf is an abomination?
DJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2003, 09:03 AM   #35
DJG
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Vedran:
the game says that sorcerer's ancestor was a powerful being, perhaps a dragon
Just to nitpick slightly, the game manual says....
Quote:
It is thought that the blood of some powerful creature flows through their veins; perhaps they are the spawn of the gods themselves
That not only backs up the point about Sorcerors being descended from gods, it says that it is thought they have a powerful ancestor. That by no means means (Bad sentence, I know. ) that it is true. They could just be a normal human.
DJG is offline   Reply With Quote