Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 04-06-2003, 12:04 PM   #1
Rataxes
Symbol of Cyric

Has anyone else noticed how ridiculously strong this particular soldier is? I've been using him myself in my most recent games to kill off a few batches of the weakest sort of tactics bandits, as well as a few Shadow thieves (spawned outside the dungeon due to an annoying bug), and he honestly mops the floor with them in seconds. From what I can tell he does 10-20 dmg, has at the very least 5 APR, and super low THAC0 (haven't ever seen him miss besides criticals). He's never attacked by anyone though, so I don't know how good AC or how much life he has.

Was just wondering if anyone had the stats for this guy? Searched for him in IE but couldn't find anything. Gonna try him out vs something stronger later on, like the high-level Tactics bandits
Old 04-06-2003, 12:31 PM   #2
Dace De'Briago
Silver Dragon

He wipes the floor with the high-level Tactics warriors as well - they ignore him because he's a neutral, and he just keeps cutting them to bits.

In the last game I played, I had ridiculous amounts of money because of the 64000 charges bug that affected my manual of golems. While I was fighting these battles, I'd summon Improved Kitthix, sell the now-useless statuette, then buy it back for about 20000gp. Then I'd summon another Kitthi (pl?) and sell it again...

lalala

Still good fun.

[losing the plot]It might be worth pitting the uberguard against Mencar Pebblecrusher... could be worth doing on a solo game on Insane... [/loosing the plot]
Old 04-06-2003, 02:29 PM   #3
Sir Exxon
Zartan

You're right, this guy *is* tough. His stats are:

Lvl 18 "Innocent"
19 Str
18 Dex
19 Con
13 Wis
13 Int
19 Cha
Base HP: 123
Base AC: 5
THAC0: 3
ApR: 5
Equipment: Helmet, Chain Mail Armour, Spear

Why BioWare would place such a powerful guard in the AM, I don't know. Perhaps they wanted the first guard you run into to be a real powerful one, so you get the impression that you should leave guards be? Who knows. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2003, 02:31 PM   #4
Angelousss
Red Wizard of Thay

they didn't want you to steal from the adventure's mart. Ribald would hire the best wouldn't he?
Old 04-06-2003, 02:35 PM   #5
Annatar
Mephistopheles

That is indeed a though bastard, I noticed it that he was though because I battled him in a few occasions due to a failure of pickpocketing Ribald [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] , chewed up my ''just out of the Chateau Irenicus party''... add those goons in the Adv. Mart and you have yourself a rather though battle for a low leve party

Off-topic:
Sir Exxon are capable of making a custom items? if so... can you please visit this Thread because I need some on to brew up my custom katana... and I'm exploring IEEP and TeamBG Mod tools but; they are rather complicated when you don't know how to use them.. so.

Old 04-06-2003, 02:41 PM   #6
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Annatar:
Off-topic:
Sir Exxon are capable of making a custom items? if so... can you please visit this Thread because I need some on to brew up my custom katana... and I'm exploring IEEP and TeamBG Mod tools but; they are rather complicated when you don't know how to use them.. so.

I've made a few items, but I'm not that good at it. I've followed your thread with great interest, and I really like the sound of that katana (nice story, btw! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] ), but there are certain abilities that I don't know how to include... Sorry.
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2003, 03:02 PM   #7
Rataxes
Symbol of Cyric

Holy sh.... Lvl 18? Those stats are on par with mid-game Tactics fighters.

Thanks for finding the stats Exxon. Do you also happen to know what his code name is?

[ 04-06-2003, 03:03 PM: Message edited by: Rataxes ]
Old 04-06-2003, 03:06 PM   #8
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

YEAH...
When I was soloing A F/M/T Mencar followd me in the AM and this guy killed him *very* qouickly...

ON INSANE
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2003, 03:10 PM   #9
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Well, I guess that explains why he always kicked my azz whenever I tried to pickpocket somebody
Gangrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2003, 03:11 PM   #10
Annatar
Mephistopheles

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Exxon:
Quote:
Originally posted by Annatar:
Off-topic:

I've made a few items, but I'm not that good at it. I've followed your thread with great interest, and I really like the sound of that katana (nice story, btw! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] ), but there are certain abilities that I don't know how to include... Sorry. [/QUOTE] Okay.. thx for the fast reply and the feedback, I'll go to the forgotten wars forum and ask some people there if they can create this katana (though it needs some tweaks and un-powering, I would like your thoughts about it though ) and see what they can do for me.

If that doesn't help.. the I'll be forced to look into it myself (a rather complicated matter [img]tongue.gif[/img] ), I'm now reading some tutorials about Item creation; and it is still a blurr for me [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

To everybody else here that reads this... if you think you can make Sortaghion +5: The Essence, contact me on the link that I posted in my previous post here.