Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 12-06-2004, 08:22 PM   #1
Rataxes
Symbol of Cyric

Thought it'd be "fun" and educational to share our worst experiences with alcohol, maybe to scare those here who've never tried it into never trying. So what was your worst and/or most embarrassing night involving alcohol?

Anyway, mine must've been just last night. My folks were out of town for the weekend, and so on sunday evening I had a few friends come over to watch some movies and indulge ourselves to some drinking. It started out calmly enough with a few beers to a live DVD with Rammstein. Later on we began making drinks with the vodka one of my friends brought with him. Still things were quite peaceful, the whole thing derailed when we started to pour up shots of a bottle of 80% rum that I had "borrowed" from my folks liquor cellar.

I don't remember anything of the hours that followed besides puking alot in our garden, but at about 3 in the morning I woke up in my own bed with nothing but boxers on and saw my brother (who moved out years ago and lives 20 miles from my house) standing in the doorway. I had no idea how or why he got here, but I got up to see what was happening. 2 of my friends had left, 2 of them were still awake watching some crappy action movie on DVD, and one of them was sleeping in a sofa with a bowl with probably about half a gallon of vomit in it on the floor next to him. I just went back to bed at that point and woke up at about 9. All but one of my friends had already left when I got up, so he and my brother helped clean up the total mess that my house had become. About 2 hours later I left for school with a murdering headache that stuck with me the entire day, to do the final exam on an advanced maths course.

I found out that at some point during the night one of my friends had found my cell phone which I had sloppily left out and thought it'd be fun to call my parents. So my parents were awoken in the middle of the night by some total stranger calling them, only to learn that there were five total strangers (to them that is) in their house and that their son had passed out or was beyond contact. I think it must've been pretty scary for them, especially seeing as how they were several hundred miles from home at the time. So anyway at about 2 in the morning they called my brother, who was also sleeping, and made him get over there to check things out. So he had to get out of bed at 2 in the morning on a school night and pay approximately 50 bucks for a taxi to our house. For all I know he was up all night cleaning up the house.

When my parents came home that evening the house was clean and all, but I don't think I've ever been so ashamed in my life when they made me realize what I had put them and my brother through. Two door handles were broken, about 100 bucks worth of liqour from their cellar was gone, and I they told me that the lesson they learned from all this was that I couldn't be trusted and that I had behaved like an irresponsible 14 year old. Heck, I couldn't agree more.

[ 12-06-2004, 08:26 PM: Message edited by: Rataxes ]
Old 12-06-2004, 08:26 PM   #2
SomeGuy
Unicorn

I've never drank, don't intend to. Technically it's not my worst experiance, more like a family thing. Atleast three people in my family have had to go to rehab because of alcohol problems. I hate alcohol and what it's done to people.

EDIT: And yes, I do know it's the person who makes those choices, not the alcohol. Don't feel like having a lecture or anything right now. Sorry guys. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 12-06-2004, 08:26 PM: Message edited by: SomeGuy ]
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 12-06-2004, 08:32 PM   #3
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Oh, man, I hope johnny finds this topic. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-06-2004, 08:34 PM   #4
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

I think if you look around (the drinking thread) you will find mine, to lazy to post it again....
Old 12-06-2004, 08:40 PM   #5
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

pass. don't even get me started! this is my no-post post! and the sexy Unicorn has the right idea.
Old 12-06-2004, 08:49 PM   #6
Jorath Calar
Harper

My scariest was when my (then) girlfriend drank a beverage called Woodys, it's some fruit alcoholic drink... and very red too. Anyway, she drank a lot of it that night, I drank beer, and when we were leaving she had to throw up... we went into a alley and she threw up... and it was all red... from the beverage, I of course, being very drunk, was sure she was throwing up blood... and I don't think I have ever been so scared. It took my girlfriend almost hakf an hour to convince me it wasn't blood, just the Woodys and she didn't need to go to a hospital... [img]smile.gif[/img]

I also passed out at friends house... in the bathroom with my head in a very questionable place... and his mum coming in to find me in the morning... not a pretty sight...

I also got into a fight with another friend once when drunk... my only fistfight in my "adult life"...and hope it was my last.
Old 12-06-2004, 09:06 PM   #7
Dirty Meg
Baaz Draconian

My worst experience with alcohol? Realising that the bottle is empty and I'm too drunk to walk to the shop. Also, riding my bike home from the pub and falling off repeatedly, and waking up the next morning with bruises.
A friend of mine told me her cousin was at a party, where a girl stabbed her boyfriend with a kitchen knife in a drunken rage (the girl I mean. The kitchen knife wasn't in a drunken rage) and he bled to death.
Old 12-06-2004, 09:19 PM   #8
Gxc
Elminster

Im never going to have on because im not going to drink.
Old 12-06-2004, 09:23 PM   #9
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

My worst experence (some say my best) is an ex girlfriend was trying to come back onto me one NYE while I was drunk.

Well I resisted her advances but got pretty fed up with it. Eventually she tried to lean across the table to kiss me so i stood up, flipped the table (spilling all the drinks all over her) told her where to go and the fastest way to get there and walked out.

I then proceeded to walk the 2 hour walk back home. Fell asleep and didn't remember a thing until I was told the next day.
Old 12-06-2004, 09:29 PM   #10
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

Quote:
Originally posted by Variol (Farseer) Elmwood:
pass. don't even get me started! this is my no-post post! and the sexy Unicorn has the right idea.
you know what is really sad about this? this is the first time in along time I have been called that...and it is just because of my avatar that I get it [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]