Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-19-2001, 08:32 AM   #1
BALROGBANE
Zhentarim Guard

So everyone has said that u have to b a paladin to use the best sword in the game.

Now i have the problem of picking the best paladin kit.

So which one should i choose?

Hope you can help.

Thanks V Much.
Old 10-19-2001, 08:36 AM   #2
Byronas

Choose to be Cavalier!

------------------

Where there are monsters and barbarians there will be Byronas fighting against them.

Old 10-19-2001, 08:39 AM   #3
mitsos

I think the best is Cavalier, because he gets the extra 20%resistance in fire and acid, he gets immune to fear and poison and has bonus hits against demons. The disadvantages aren'e great because you can give your missile weapons to other characters.
I don't like the inquisitor because he can't use basic paladin abilities, such as lay on hands, turn undead, cure disease or even cast spells. Alright, the immunity to hold and charm and the true sight and dispel magic are good, but the cons are more.
The undead hunter is OK. He doesn't have many pros, nor cons. Immunity to level drain and hold, as well as bonus damage against undead. He can't use lay on hands though(at some point in the game, my cavalier could heal 56 hp!!!)
All in all, I would recommend a cavalier.

Old 10-19-2001, 08:39 AM   #4
Lord Exxon

I would have been the Cavalier. They are perfect knights, and they get a damage bonus when fighting a dragon, or a demonic creature.
If this does not work for ya, I would have been an undead hunter. Then you are immune to level drain, which is very useful if you are planning to work for the shadow thieves.

------------------
What we do in life, echoes in eternity

[This message has been edited by Lord Exxon (edited 10-19-2001).]

Old 10-19-2001, 08:44 AM   #5
BALROGBANE
Zhentarim Guard

Is it a major problem that paladins cant specilize?

Or are they just as good as fighters.

Why has minsc got 3 slots for double handed weapon on no slots in double handed proficency?
Old 10-19-2001, 08:48 AM   #6
Byronas

Quote:
Originally posted by BALROGBANE:
Is it a major problem that paladins cant specilize?

Or are they just as good as fighters.

Why has minsc got 3 slots for double handed weapon on no slots in double handed proficency?
It might be some kind of specialization for rangers

------------------

Where there are monsters and barbarians there will be Byronas fighting against them.