Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 08-23-2001, 12:09 PM   #1
NiamhFoxling
Dungeon Master

Warning: If you are easily grossed out or offended by 'unnatural' relationships, ya might not want to read this

Ok, so if I play a male character, I could romance Jaheira or Aerie, or (yay) Viconia...I've been told that Anomen and possibly Edwin are the Romances for female PC's.

Ewwwwwww

Now if the makers of BG:2 had any sense of style, they'd have let Romances start up with that charming tiefling, Haer'dalis. (If there IS a romance with him, someone let me know, darnit! rar!)

And not being overly familiar with the AD&D setting for the sword coast, and having as my sig file picture one of the gayest men in Japanese animation....I feel rather cheated that 'alternative lifestyle' romances aren't allowed.

I think my female chaotic good ranger and Aerie would've made a cute couple. And Anomen might actually have suited my male wild mage, personality wise.

(And since someone is bound to be curious: No, I am not actually a gay male. I just adore Nuriko, who reminds me of many of my Tabletop Game characters, etc etc. And he *is* absolutely adoreable as a chibi, you gotta admit.)

------------------
Playing the cutest li'l Chaotic characters since 1996.
Old 08-23-2001, 12:17 PM   #2
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

*blink blink*

That's a guy in your sig?

*blink blink*

------------------
If not a Sorcerer, then a Paladin.

-------------------------
Baldur's Gate Item Mart
Old 08-23-2001, 12:20 PM   #3
NiamhFoxling
Dungeon Master

*grin*

If you really want to start blinking, I reccomend you track down the series "Fushigi Yugi", which is where the character comes from. Mmm..animated soap opera.

------------------
Old 08-23-2001, 12:42 PM   #4
Gabe
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I agree there should be more homosexual relationships in BG2 and AD+D. In fact there is a slight cheat that will get you one: start a mulite player game as man or a woman, the delete it the character and make a new one that is the oppiste sex, and wham a homosexual relationship, Please don't ask how I know this.
Haer'dalis does have a realtionship but only with Arie (blonde elf-girly-thing)

------------------

The angel's MIA.
Old 08-23-2001, 12:47 PM   #5
NiamhFoxling
Dungeon Master

Well poot, he's got bad taste. I'm twice the elf she is... *grin*

In my party that has Haer, Aerie's firmly attached to Minsc and Boo. Minsc has a way with women, because Imoen likes him too...she keeps smarming over that hamster, at least...and I'm at least hoping it's actually because she likes Minsc.

------------------
Old 08-23-2001, 02:11 PM   #6
trux

Quote:
Originally posted by NiamhFoxling:
Warning: If you are easily grossed out or offended by 'unnatural' relationships, ya might not want to read this

Ok, so if I play a male character, I could romance Jaheira or Aerie, or (yay) Viconia...I've been told that Anomen and possibly Edwin are the Romances for female PC's.

Ewwwwwww

Now if the makers of BG:2 had any sense of style, they'd have let Romances start up with that charming tiefling, Haer'dalis. (If there IS a romance with him, someone let me know, darnit! rar!)

And not being overly familiar with the AD&D setting for the sword coast, and having as my sig file picture one of the gayest men in Japanese animation....I feel rather cheated that 'alternative lifestyle' romances aren't allowed.

I think my female chaotic good ranger and Aerie would've made a cute couple. And Anomen might actually have suited my male wild mage, personality wise.

(And since someone is bound to be curious: No, I am not actually a gay male. I just adore Nuriko, who reminds me of many of my Tabletop Game characters, etc etc. And he *is* absolutely adoreable as a chibi, you gotta admit.)

You do know you can make this happen, right? Play with a female PC with the romance patch installed for whichever lady you want your girl to romance.

------------------
a bunch of long hairs.
trux
Old 08-23-2001, 02:38 PM   #7
NiamhFoxling
Dungeon Master

Nope, I didn't know that. I've been playing with just the official patch thingamummy and ToB installed. Is there one that would work for the male romances, then? I have more fun with yaoi.

------------------
Old 08-23-2001, 02:50 PM   #8
trux

Quote:
Originally posted by NiamhFoxling:
Nope, I didn't know that. I've been playing with just the official patch thingamummy and ToB installed. Is there one that would work for the male romances, then? I have more fun with yaoi.

I think there is.

------------------
a bunch of long hairs.
trux
Old 08-23-2001, 05:52 PM   #9
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

I'm not gay, but (my best Seinfeld voice) there's nothing wrong with that.

I started with my character as a female mage, I changed leads (multi-player) to a male monk. Anomen started talking trash right away.... I used CLUACONSOLE to start the dialog with Jaheira, but you may want to try it
Old 08-24-2001, 01:19 AM   #10
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Go to Baldurdash and download the romance patch from Sir Kalthorine. If you want to initiate a romance with Anomen, use the following CLUA Command:

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("CharnameMatch","GLOBAL",1)
where the charname is one of teh four scripted love interests in bg2. The number at the end indicated what stage the romance is at. 0 means it hasn't started, 3 means it's ended, 1 or 2 mean it's ongoing.

------------------