Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-2002, 03:43 PM   #1
robo donkey
Manshoon

I know I ask this sort of thing a lot, but what levels do a party containing a sorcerer (me), a cleric, a thief, Nalia, Minsc and keldorn have to be to take on kangaxx and/or the twisted rune guys. My party members are on about 1800000 EXP at the moment (about level 14 spelcasters)

[ 02-17-2002: Message edited by: robo donkey ]

robo donkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2002, 03:54 PM   #2
daan
Silver Dragon

There are two ways to beat him, one where you can do it at lvl.7 ... perhaps even below. And one where you can do it at higher levels.

1. Buy a protection from magic scroll, and a protection from undead scroll. Both are available at the adventurer's mart, for a very good price, considering their power.
Now cast the prot. from magic-scroll either on one fighter, and make him face kangaxx the lich. Or you can cast it on kangaxx the lich himself, making him unable to cast spells.
After he's dead, cast prot. from undead on one of your party-members and send him in alone. This should take care of kangaxx demi-lich.

2. Let your mage cast spell-immunity (abjuration), Melf's meteors, and improved haste. Refresh spell-immunity when needed and use kangaxx as a targetpractice.

Hope this helps [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-16-2002, 05:07 PM   #3
Helspanth
Quintesson

The only problem is that Kangaxx in his lich form is quite tough for a low level party and at demilich form is hurt only by +4 or better weapons...
Old 02-16-2002, 06:29 PM   #4
Azazel
Elite Waterdeep Guard

hehheh i was just playing and i killed kangaxx...
first.. i did ummm 5 special traps(high lvl skill) with haer dalis..
well.. kangaxx came laughing and died instantly... then he turned to demilich... imoen casts dragons breath and the evil lich is dead
i didnt have a chance to hit him with my fighters
Old 02-16-2002, 06:34 PM   #5
Helspanth
Quintesson

Have fun with the ring of Gaxx then!
Old 02-17-2002, 05:38 AM   #6
robo donkey
Manshoon

how about shangalar and co, for the staff of the magi. Do you need a special gemstone to get to him or something?
Old 02-17-2002, 06:21 AM   #7
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

A rogue stone'll do it [img]graemlins/blueblink.gif[/img]
Old 02-17-2002, 03:08 PM   #8
robo donkey
Manshoon

thats great but would my party (as above) be able to survive the fight at the twisted rune, if not, what sort of level is needed?
Old 02-17-2002, 03:17 PM   #9
robo donkey
Manshoon

.....and if I were to try to kill him without these scrolls, where can you get freedom scrolls from!!!
Old 02-17-2002, 03:47 PM   #10
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

quote:
Originally posted by robo donkey:
thats great but would my party (as above) be able to survive the fight at the twisted rune, if not, what sort of level is needed?

Depends on how well you can strategize. I've heard of people that have beaten them as one of their first quests but personally I leave them for when I get back from the Underdark. (more than one person has said that this is the hardest fight in the game). All I can offer is for you to try it and see, if you find it impossible reload from autosave and come back at a higher level.
As for freedom scrolls, I can't be of much help unfortunately, the only one I know for sure is when you first get to the underdark. Sorry I can't be more help [img]smile.gif[/img]