Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2001, 10:42 AM   #1
naw
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'm new to this game and am having some serious problems with it that make me doubt my faith of finishing it.

At the moment my biggest problem is night time in the game. Night came and with it a total darkness, which makes it impossible for my 2nd level party to leave the town. However, there seems to be no way to rest at all in the game.

I've been browsing the manual, I've been clicking this and that, I've tried everything, even my feline priestess won't help (expands the area of light by about half a nose's length, and I'm not talking about Oomphaz here).

Am I doing something fundamentally wrong, is this a wrong game for me?

//Naw
naw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2001, 12:09 PM   #2
Serath
Manshoon

You're right Naw, there is no way to rest in the game. As far as getting out of town, you still should be able to click on the gates in town to get out. You can learn spells to alleviate some of the darkness, but unfortunately they aren't very useful either. Basically you have to wait out the night. I continued my journeys light or dark. It's harder to see at night, but that makes it more interesting.

Serath
Serath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2001, 01:02 PM   #3
naw
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Interesting is perhaps stretching the truth. But I did run around in darkness, since there wasn't anything else to do and even managed to find one chest.

This should belong to another thread, but I'll ask it here anyway:

Has anyone maps of the outside world which would mark the locations of the chests there, not that they seem to have anything good in them, but near them there seem to be quite a large concentration of monsters.

Will the spawn time also spawn the chests?

//Naw
naw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2001, 01:07 PM   #4
Loumistro
Drizzt Do'Urden

If you have a preist when gets Spirit Eye use it and look at your map it will even tell you when a monster is near with a red dot and other things as whit but bugs even show up as a red dot to though
Loumistro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2001, 01:11 PM   #5
Serath
Manshoon

Spirit eye is the best way to do this. I believe the locations of the chests is set. While the contents may change from time to time, the location does not.

Serath
Old 07-04-2001, 01:13 PM   #6
Serath
Manshoon

BTW, welcome to the forum Naw!

Serath
Old 07-04-2001, 09:35 PM   #7
Nastyman
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hello,
Try the spell Illuminate. It works quite well. You can buy the scrolls at the magic shop. Stick with the game...I know the dark is a pain...in the end the game is worth the effort. You can always get help in this forum...lots of helpfull hints.
Nastyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2001, 08:36 AM   #8
Tree
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I think it's been mentioned before...and this is my nighttime strategy.

If its an area that I've never been to before, then I pause the game and go wash dishes or something. When paused, all action stops...but time continues to tick. I think that from sunset to sunrise takes....oh...let's estimate 20 minutes of real time. Just enough to get dinner started and clean up the kitchen If I've already visited the area (ie: revealed the map as much as possible), then I just continue on my merry way. Hope this helps!!

Tree

------------------
Hey, dragons aren't that tough, I'm a MOM! LOL
Tree is offline   Reply With Quote