Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 04-24-2005, 10:28 PM   #1
Qiote
Elite Waterdeep Guard

In Shurugeon castle, I got the first Idol from the skeleton by the chain. I went back to town to level up and I left the Idol on one of my "mules" in the inn.

When I got the second one "darkness", I went to town to drop some stuff off at the inn and the first Idol was not in the "mules" inventory. It had disappeared.......................what happened................what now..... what are they for anyway...am I screwed or is it no big deal............thanks
Qiote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 01:06 AM   #2
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Sadly, I think you're toast. Radek has posted in the past about the possibility of losing items in the Inn. Check the Best Tips thread for his explanations... I think they're in there.

Your options now are to either return to an old save, restart the game, or hack the missing idol into your inventory. Wyvern has posted before on the steps for hacking in items... check the Best Tips thread (again) for details.

Note that if you restart the game, your characters will keep their current items, experience, and so on. All you will lose is credit for completing quests and a few quest items (if you have any).
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 02:54 AM   #3
A Black Falcon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Items in stores in town generally seem to stay there forever... I guess they can dissapear sometimes? I wondered about that... I noticed it doesn't let you drop some of those items (which is good, given how if you drop something in town it is instantly destroyed -- now THAT is a bad feature!), but selling... yeah, not good.
A Black Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 03:46 AM   #4
Eagle eye
Elminster

With the Idols you must turn your Evil Mask into the 'Haleabus invicibility sapper', so you are able to kill the monster once you are almost done in the castle.
Eagle eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 05:34 AM   #5
dragon2005
The Magister

well there is a way of just not doing the quest in the castel and just vanish in to the mavin room.

i know a lot of people did it.
and dont worry you can get the mavin and then when you go to the 3 town it does not mater what you did in the ather towns as long as you have the mavin.
dragon2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 12:28 PM   #6
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, Qiote!!!

How frustrating!

The best solutions are to reload a previous save or hack the item or hack the mask (I do have the item code for the Masque of Evil). Hacking an item isn't that difficult there are just a few simple rules you have to follow (such as back up your file to another directory!). Also vanishing into the Mavin room would work as well.

Let us know which route you decide to take!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 04:25 PM   #7
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Welcome to the board, Qiote. [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]

I am sorry that you had to learn about the inn bug the hard way.
Old 04-25-2005, 09:59 PM   #8
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Always make it a point to keep important stuff with your characters all the time to prevent unwanted things from happening.

Yeah, item vanish in inn happens to me before too. Learnt it the hard way. <_<
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 07:26 AM   #9
Qiote
Elite Waterdeep Guard

thanks folks..........since I save before, after, between and every other way, I was able to restart without loosing much...........Now I keep the important looking stuff with me...WHEEE

Have tried the link suggested several times in the past, (Wyvern, spelling?)but it does not take me to his web site....it goes to some strange place with stuff for sale and catagories in other languages..........maybe since the game is one of the older ones, the web site is no longer active...cause it sure doesn't go to any fellow gamers site.....
Qiote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 09:58 AM   #10
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Qiote:
thanks folks..........since I save before, after, between and every other way, I was able to restart without loosing much...........Now I keep the important looking stuff with me...WHEEE

Have tried the link suggested several times in the past, (Wyvern, spelling?)but it does not take me to his web site....it goes to some strange place with stuff for sale and catagories in other languages..........maybe since the game is one of the older ones, the web site is no longer active...cause it sure doesn't go to any fellow gamers site.....
Do you mean the link to Xignal's excellent walkthru?? Yes, that site is gone BUT Xignal gave the information/maps to Ziroc when he closed it down and you can find it HERE.

If you meant the link to the thread explaining how to hack items, you'll find that HERE

If that's not the link you meant - let me know which one you did mean. Guess I need to wade through the Best Tips and remove/replace old links (just wish I had the time).

[ 04-30-2005, 10:00 AM: Message edited by: Wyvern ]
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote