Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2001, 07:48 PM   #1
Trunks the Fighter
Dungeon Master

Once you are past chapter 3,can you get out to places like windspear hills and athkatla? Like chapter 6 or something?

------------------
Jheese:Yo Yo YO!
Gurd has been defeated!

Trunks:Heyyyyyy, I shouldn't be here!!
Old 07-12-2001, 07:52 PM   #2
Cavern Sniffer
Elminster

You can go to all those places in Chapter 2 if you like.

------------------
It's bleedin dark down here, slippery too.
Man, that's a pisser.
Old 07-12-2001, 07:55 PM   #3
Trunks the Fighter
Dungeon Master

I know that, but i'm not a high enough level to do them the good way(eg:Temple ruins,When you are a higher level character you get to fight tougher stuff,more treasure).
Old 07-12-2001, 08:26 PM   #4
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Temple Ruins is fairly easy, actually. If you want to save the "Shadow Dragon" for later, you can...actually, you can take her down with the right strategy and defensive spells, even in chapter 2: great XP and some good items as well, including scales that can be made into a b****ing armor that your Ranger can wear and still use Stealth.

It took me a couple of reloads, but my 9th-11th level party took down Thax'llsillyia (sp?) and I didn't have to resurrect anyone. Again, it depends on party makeup; with a berserk as my main character wielding Lilarcor and High Mastery in 2-handed swords, it was pretty much a cakewalk.

I try to do as many side quests early on to get the equipment I need before moving on to Chap 3.

Old 07-12-2001, 09:14 PM   #5
Trunks the Fighter
Dungeon Master

Is there actually a way to go out later though?
Old 07-12-2001, 11:09 PM   #6
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

After Chap 3, the next (& final) chance you get to tie up all the loose ends will be in Chap 6.

------------------
"Butt-kicking for goodness!" - Minsc
"Cities always teem with evil and decay. Let's give it a good shake and SEE WHAT FALLS OUT!!" - Minsc