Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2004, 08:41 PM   #1
LennonCook
Jack Burton

After much waiting, it is finally here. The multiinstaller has undergone several bug fixes, and now sports an easy-to-use graphical interface. More information, including a maintained list of download locations, is available at Limbo.

Note that Limbo is now expanding, and a site launch is planned for early next year. As such, this will likely be the last update of any of our mods until after the new site is up. Despite this, feedback on our work (both positive and negative) is still more than welcome.
LennonCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004, 01:19 AM   #2
Hank Parsons
Zhentarim Guard

Wow, that's really good news. Thanks for all your hard work and good look with the expansion.

I'll have to see if Multi Installer would work with my current set up, or if I need to finish my current game, uninstall all my mods, and start with a clean slate... then multi-install, and only mod the copies, keeping an unmodded... that's what I think I have to do but I haven't read the instructions for the new M-I Tool yet.
Old 11-13-2004, 02:33 AM   #3
LennonCook
Jack Burton

You can do a multi-install in the middle of a current game. Although it will generally serve you better to have a clean original install, and start modding your clone(s). This is more of an issue if play multiplayer alot, especially online rather than on a LAN. But, it doesn't matter much what order you do it in... if you realy want to, you can in theory:
Clone now.
Uninstall the original (now or sometime down the track), including deleting remnant files in the original folder.
Reinstall BG2 to the same original folder, and patch.

Although there may be unforseen problems depending on your specific setup. Note that this is purely theoretical, and untested.

If you do want to start with a perfectly clean slate, I would recomend that you uninstall BG2 completely. This is because, for various reasons, WeiDU doesn't remove dialogue strings when uninstalling a mod. Also, non-WeiDU mods (especially the less reputed ones, like any not formerly hosted at TeamBG) can't necesarily be relied on to uninstall properly.
Old 11-13-2004, 07:11 AM   #4
SimDing0
Dungeon Master

Heh, there are non-WeiDU mods of WORSE repute than TDD? [img]smile.gif[/img]
SimDing0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004, 10:53 AM   #5
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

Hey, thanks Lennon. I have actually been using the multi install for some months now on an older version. But it is good to see you got everything up and running smoothly, it comes in handy! Cheers

Ross
Old 11-13-2004, 07:52 PM   #6
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by SimDing0:
Heh, there are non-WeiDU mods of WORSE repute than TDD? [img]smile.gif[/img]
Actually, I meant "less famous", rather than "less liked", which causes the TDD situation to about-face.
Old 11-19-2004, 07:23 PM   #7
LennonCook
Jack Burton

There is now a post-4.0 BETA version out, details about version, and all future testing versions, is available in this thread.