Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)

Old 10-01-2004, 11:17 PM   #11
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

I don't like Superman in the least, but Lois is hot, so it's a decent show. That and television sucks mostly, so its the best thing on in that time slot. I like CSI, Southpark, and Dave Chapelle...Dave is king.

[ 10-01-2004, 11:18 PM: Message edited by: Morgan_Corbesant ]
Morgan Corbesant, Elven BladeSinger, Captain of the army of the Seldarine<br /><br /> [img]\"http://www.rleeermey.com/images/linkbanners/usmcredwhiteblue.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Protector of Elves<br />Slayer of Orcs<br /><br />ALL YOUR BASE, ARE BELONG TO US!!!<br />I DON\'T FIGHT FOR HONOR, I FIGHT TO WIN!<br />\"One who is a samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night...the fact that he has to die\". <br />-Daidoji Yuzan-<br />16th Century
Morgan_Corbesant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 11:20 PM   #12
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

Ok, sorry about that last post, I'm kinda moody. Smallville is a decent enough show. I'm not a fan of Superman at all, but the show has alot of potential. I didn't know what it was about when I first saw it, was just bored so I turned it on. When I saw it was about Superman I stopped watching it. However, this new season didn't look too bad. If the rest of the season is as good as the premier, then it will be a great show.
Morgan Corbesant, Elven BladeSinger, Captain of the army of the Seldarine<br /><br /> [img]\"http://www.rleeermey.com/images/linkbanners/usmcredwhiteblue.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Protector of Elves<br />Slayer of Orcs<br /><br />ALL YOUR BASE, ARE BELONG TO US!!!<br />I DON\'T FIGHT FOR HONOR, I FIGHT TO WIN!<br />\"One who is a samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night...the fact that he has to die\". <br />-Daidoji Yuzan-<br />16th Century
Morgan_Corbesant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2004, 04:57 AM   #13
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

I really like that show. I't the only thing I watch on tv.

Did you guys watch episode 2?
Old 10-03-2004, 03:04 AM   #14
Eagle eye
Elminster

The season premiere over here, only just featured yesterday(2 October). The end was very unexpected.

[ 10-03-2004, 03:04 AM: Message edited by: Eagle eye ]
Eagle eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 03:35 PM   #15
Gxc
Elminster

I finally saw on of these episodes i dont think i will end up watching this series though.
Old 10-04-2004, 07:21 PM   #16
ScottG
Drow Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Morgan_Corbesant:
I don't like Superman in the least, but Lois is hot, so it's a decent show. That and television sucks mostly, so its the best thing on in that time slot. I like CSI, Southpark, and Dave Chapelle...Dave is king.
I'm not much for superman either.. I mean getting beyond the absurdity of identity your still left with a character that is essentially unstopable EXCEPT for an dumb green rock, (in otherwords its the character of a 3-year-old's imagination).

Despite this, Smallville is a rather good show and contrary to the assertion of others - Clark's ability use in front of others has for the most part been handled fairly well (i.e. explained; as in many instances he is moving so fast that no one can see him, then you start with the question of did he disapear.. which is also taken care of through plot devices like momentary distractions. Or the alternative "I know your secret".. ooops I bumped my head and I "don't remember")

As for Lois: If I saw Lois standing next to Lana I know who I'd be drooling over.. and it wouldn't be Lois.
ScottG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 08:42 AM   #17
Dajjer
The Magister

The brilliance of Smallvile really isn't about what superboy is or is not (and I agree that the take over the earth theme is way to vague to come to any conclusions) or how or when he uses his power. To me the best thing about the show was and I repeat was, that one of his best friends was Lex Luthor. In this show Lex is usually the good guy and Clark is the one with the problem. Additionally Lex's battles with his father, Lionel(who was a bad guy) made for tremendous drama.

The reason I say was is because this season they seem to be going a different direction. Clark is now hostile to Lex. Lionel is in jail. Clark's other best friend, Pete, is no longer on the show. And his relationship with Lana is now to far gone for repair. On the strange but bright side it looks like Lois Lane is playing a role in Clarks high school life.

I was a HUGE Smallville fan for the first three seasons but it looks like the show is going a diffenent direction this year and it is frankly less intriquing.
Dajjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 05:54 AM   #18
Faceman
Hathor

----SPOILERS----
People wake up!
This is a different Superman-timeline, where Clark does not become Superman, but an NFL star (for those who watched the second episode).
Lois gets younger every year after she's gone from being a college freshman (quote from Chloe in Season 3) to a high school senior she will "degraduate" at the end of 7th season.
Lana is actually the reborn Pocahontas (because all young cool teen sci-fi/fantasy shows need a NativeAmerican background) and Lex becomes the supervillain he's supposed to when lightning strikes the Manor once again and he is temporarily sucked into his "Evil Genius" savegames folder.

Okay just a little rant. I really like Superman and I guess that's the only thing that makes me watch this show every week. That or my being a glutton for punishment
Old 10-11-2004, 09:28 AM   #19
Dajjer
The Magister

Christopher Reeve had a nice role in this show that was actually sort of pivotal to the superman arc. With Reeve now dead (RIP), I wonder what they're going to do with that character?
Dajjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 04:35 PM   #20
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

It will explain why he didn't show up last time clark called for him...

That woman can take his place.

[ 10-11-2004, 07:44 PM: Message edited by: Luvian ]
Luvian is offline   Reply With Quote