Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 01-21-2005, 06:07 PM   #11
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
Who wants to hang out with snobs anyway ? Go out with your friend and get wasted. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Just think you get to put the snobs in there place and watch them get pissed off at you. One thing about snobs is they are not necessary more intelligent and putting them in there place with a few quick witted words turns them beat red. You see the snobs think they are superior because of there money and use that to gauge there importance in the world and giving them a reality check is always nice. It is even easier to do when drunk because you just won't give a crap. [img]graemlins/cheers.gif[/img] Hanging out with snobs can be fun but not for them.

[ 01-21-2005, 06:11 PM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
Old 01-21-2005, 08:47 PM   #12
Violet
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by pritchke:
quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
Who wants to hang out with snobs anyway ? Go out with your friend and get wasted. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Just think you get to put the snobs in there place and watch them get pissed off at you. One thing about snobs is they are not necessary more intelligent and putting them in there place with a few quick witted words turns them beat red. You see the snobs think they are superior because of there money and use that to gauge there importance in the world and giving them a reality check is always nice. It is even easier to do when drunk because you just won't give a crap. [img]graemlins/cheers.gif[/img] Hanging out with snobs can be fun but not for them. [/QUOTE]johnny,
I can see us now, wobbling in our heels up the driveway trying not to spill our brown-bagged quarts LOL. No, best to save that for the Ohio crowd -they know us [img]graemlins/wink10.gif[/img]

pritchke
Hopefully we won't piss the snobs off too much! Snob #1 is the pres of our homeowners association and controls three of our major contracts (landscaping company here in AZ). Snob #2 is his suck-up next-door neighbor and vice-pres so it won't matter too much if he gets a little bent out of shape (which brings me to think I ought to dare Gwen to wink at him on her way in LOL). Snobs # 3, 4, and 5 are their wives and the eldest son of snob #1. 3 and 4 are sure]/ to be snockered by the time they leave and the son, well, I don't know. He tends to maintain at parties lol.

I kind of feel sorry for these folks. They were born into money and raised to see money as the sum of what people are. I doubt they have ever witnessed any situations first-hand that could put a dent in that mentality or that they recognized it if they have LOL. It's like nothing beyond your net worth and how you spend (or hold on to it) registers. We have to tolerate them to a certain extent (not to mention that the son is a hoot on the golf course!).
*sigh*
Wish us well! I want more than anything for my husband to enjoy his day, just not at the expense of our friend.
Goodnight! I'll let you know how it went next week.
[img]\"http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/VioletMcKeever/AniV.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />A Man With Poetry On His Lips Also Has Wings On His Heart<br />The Harder You Run From Your Dreams, The Harder They Run After You<br />I Am Not A Human Having Spiritual Experiences, I Am A Spirit Having Human Experiences<br />Smart As A Whip; Heart Of Gold; Tough As Nails; Lost In The Woods
Old 01-21-2005, 11:00 PM   #13
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Well you guys indeed have to look out for yourselves still [img]smile.gif[/img] You guys probably hate the guts of the snobs but then they are giving you business opportunities... Yep balancing is indeed a good thing and best of luck to you guys
Old 01-22-2005, 12:00 AM   #14
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Violet, your plans sound great! You'll make it to the party looking gooooooooood and feeling great and your friend won't have to deal with the pains in the butt that would be rude. [img]smile.gif[/img]

And you can use any word, stoked, or otherwise.. age is a case of mind over matter and I don't mind so it doesn't matter! LOL (I'm over 40 too )

[ 01-22-2005, 12:01 AM: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]
Old 01-24-2005, 08:24 PM   #15
Violet
Manshoon

UPDATE!

Well the day started off in fantastic fashion.
Early shopping, a trip to the spa and salon, followed by securing a room at a central hotel with upscale services so that we could get our clothes cleaned and get a car & driver to take us to a late lunch.

Lunch was my favorite part of the day I think. Gwen has had a major crush on Bill Clinton since he was first voted into office and when he visited Tucson in 1999, he had lunch at a small (but great) restaurant in South Tucson, Mi Nidito. We got the same booth he sat at and when I told Gwen to pay close attention to where he was sitting in the pictures they have of him there she was hardly unable to contain her scream!

Fantastic carne asada tacos and 2 giant margueritas (EACH) later and we were ready to get back to the hotel, get dressed, made up, and wait for our cue to get home.

I got a little full of myself I guess (or full of tequila lol) and when we decided to head down to the bar to have another while we waited I stumbled (tripped over something invisible?!) and turned my ankle.

I ended up taking a trip to a nearby ER and ended up on crutches for the rest of that night, yesterday and today.

We did make it to the party - perfect timing meeting the snobs on their way out too LOL! I was able to apologize for missing them and introduced my best friend before she "helped me in to get off my sprain". The wives were as snockered as expected HA HA HA.

But then, so were we.

What fun. The rest of the night was an absolute blast laughing drinking and eating with people we know and love (and who know how to socialize!).

Gwen had a day to remember for sure, probably moreso than Steve LOL but he's not upset over any of it and he's glad that we were able to pull it all off so "smoothly" (barring my ankle lol)
Hey, I looked good when I stumbled!

*WHEW!!*

Bungleau,
My apologies for not telling you Friday that we are in Tucson!

EDIT!
Just so you know, I left my car at the hotel and had the driver bring us home.
No drinking and driving!

Oh and thanks Cloudbringer for the OK on "stoked" LOL!

[ 01-24-2005, 08:28 PM: Message edited by: Violet ]
[img]\"http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/VioletMcKeever/AniV.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />A Man With Poetry On His Lips Also Has Wings On His Heart<br />The Harder You Run From Your Dreams, The Harder They Run After You<br />I Am Not A Human Having Spiritual Experiences, I Am A Spirit Having Human Experiences<br />Smart As A Whip; Heart Of Gold; Tough As Nails; Lost In The Woods
Old 01-24-2005, 10:21 PM   #16
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Yah sure... you just didn't want anyone around to collect evidence

Glad you had fun, and sorry about the ankle Get better soon, and think of us folks who winter in the north and summer in the south
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 01-24-2005, 11:00 PM   #17
Balintherlas
Symbol of Cyric

what part of ohio are u from?
hey bungleau, thats too bad about the wolverines losin to the buckeyes this year in football [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-25-2005, 03:27 PM   #18
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Ouch, too bad about the ankle, Violet, but thumbs up for making it to the party at the right time. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-25-2005, 04:14 PM   #19
Violet
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Balintherlas:
what part of ohio are u from?
Dayton and Chillicothe [img]smile.gif[/img] I've been through Mt. Vernon (many years ago) on the way to visit relatives who lived in Wooster. Whoa, thanks for the memories LOL! Funny how decades get by us and then come speeding back by in memories. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Thanks Cloudbringer! Crutches returned today and ankle feels as good as new.
Good thing about sprains - you treat them right and they go away lol.

Bungleau,
Summering in the south has its perks! IIRC the east coast is covered with eye candy!
Old 01-25-2005, 08:01 PM   #20
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
Sounds like everything came out well, in spite of the ankle! So, Gwen's a looker, eh? [img]graemlins/showoff.gif[/img]
In that case, waaay out of my league, lol!
Many more good parties to come, I hope! [img]graemlins/cheers.gif[/img]