Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 11-08-2004, 07:22 PM   #1
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

Question Mark

many of you on here know that my 2yo, erilyn may, has been having speech problems. a delay of 29% infact. she has started speech thereapy which includes borrowing a sign language video from her therpist. first night she signed cookie!

today she signed "more mama" when asking for more to drink. she has only had 3 sessions with her therapist and countless times watching the video, but this is a big step for her. she really has voice just waiting to come out!

tomorrow she will see an ear nose throat dr. i hope that if he feels she has a hearing problem it will easily be taken care of, or that she simply doesn't have any hearing problems. her therapist feels that lyn has underdeveloped mouth muscles and a huge lack of coordinationw ith her tounge, and no control on forcing air for talking. so lets all cross our fingers, and/or pray.

i don't care how she talks, just that we can communicate.
Old 11-08-2004, 07:27 PM   #2
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
That's excellent, RR! All my hopes for her and the testing coming up! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-08-2004, 07:49 PM   #3
Spirits forever

awesome! first off, i didn't even know about the problem, but now that i do, and somewhat the result,
but now i can only say,
that's excellent news!

Old 11-08-2004, 08:10 PM   #4
SomeGuy
Unicorn

*nods head* Good news. I'll be praying for her RevRuby.
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 11-08-2004, 08:15 PM   #5
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

ty for the well wishes. i know i haven't posted a thread to it before but i'm certain i posted the results of her speech eval in cloudys.

oh...SG she likes your sig. she is sitting her laughing at it calling it a "be-be"
Old 11-08-2004, 08:32 PM   #6
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Good news. Congrats, Rev, that is one burden off your shoulders.
Old 11-08-2004, 08:34 PM   #7
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Is there a term for the this condition(s)? Like the underdeveloped muscles, tongue etc?
...cos if talking's a problem, I can help! I can talk, no, no probs there. In fact that's what I do all day, I phone people and talk to them!
Old 11-08-2004, 08:45 PM   #8
Jorath Calar
Harper

Wish you and her all the best RR, my cousin who is 11 has speech trouble, he is 12 almost 13 but talks like a 2 year old, its awful because he is otherwise a very smart kid.
Old 11-08-2004, 09:32 PM   #9
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Thats great Revruby, my sister(Goldem ha syndrome) uses sign language, and it not only lets us know what she wants, but as she very slowly learns to speak and use words, it helps her know what the words mean and when to say them.
Old 11-08-2004, 10:01 PM   #10
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

That's great news, RevRuby! My son has had some speech challenges, but nothing as pronounced as what you're experiencing. Speech therapy has made a tremendous difference for him, and I hope that it continues to work for you and Erilyn May. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.