Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2000, 12:46 AM   #1
The.Relic
Red Dragon

Hmm... I just finished Killing that thing a few minutes ago. It may depend on the type of weopon you are using. My Kensai is Grand Master with +3 Vorpal sword which has a 15% chance of save vs. death at -4 panalty. And Minsc is Master dual weilding +3 and +2 maces. We killed them easily with little damage by ourselves. I know that some enemies require +3 or highter weopons in order to take damage, so that may be why it was so easy for me. Do yoy have any +3 damage weopons like Lilacor, etcetera? Sorry I can't offer better advice. GL
Old 11-28-2000, 11:33 AM   #2
homer
Manshoon

how the hell do you kill greater wolfwere in firkkrag's dungeon?!i killed everything in his liar except this one wolfwere which seems to be invincible(he is in a pack of wolves and wolferes right outside where the wll is) despite the fact it receives massive damage, from my party and spells it statys uninjured!!!!! is it a bug or what?!
Old 11-28-2000, 01:06 PM   #3
Backstabber

I managed to kill him using a really good backstab
What i did was have my main fighter character attack him and then have my rogue backstab, run away around a corner & hide in shadows & backstab again
I managed to get in a 104 dmg backstab and the killing blow went to mazzy my figher; so he has more than 104 hps (dont know how much more)
the reason hes so hard to kill is that he somehow heals himself; the other greater in that dungean doesnt heal himself and so this must be a bug

Old 11-28-2000, 01:19 PM   #4
Morninglord

I had the exact same problem, it is a bug, no weapons will help. I asked here too, and I got the advice to cast a disintegrate on him, or flesh to stone. So I disintegrated the bastard to get by. Waste of a good scroll, but there wasn't much else to do..
(I had to re-load twice because his magic resistance kicked in the first 2 times)

/Morninglord of Sweden

Old 11-28-2000, 01:41 PM   #5
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

I've heard of a bug with the collectors edition which prevents you from killing him. some have it, some don't. In any case he regenerates really quickly so you need to really deal out massive damage. Suggest casting lower resistance, greater malison and something like disintegrate or finger of death or some kind of instant kill spell if you are high enough level, otherwise you are in for a tough fight.
Old 11-29-2000, 12:21 AM   #6
Grathian

I have this bad habit of getting bored very easy so I tend to restart games a lot. This is now my 4th run on the game ( I have yet to get past chap 7 though) The first time I hit the Greater wolfie I sat there for about 30 minutes... eventually overloaded him and killed him. The next two times I got there..... since I knew where he was I had Yoshimo go in the passageway with Improved invis, and laid all three special traps. when the wolfies starts to chase him he ran out. I saw this scroll of damage go by... but no wolves... so I sent in a wizard eye to check it out (since I am a big chicken) and much to my surprise all the wolfies were dead including the greater one. Yoshi does it again!
my current run threw will be a bit differentthough since I dicthed Yoshi as soon as I got to the slums.... hmm