Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-2004, 06:01 AM   #1
SMIV
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I've used the search and couldn't find what I was looking for so here goes...

When you train let's say a warrior in "sword" beyond level 7/8 is there any kind of bonus. I mean what really do you gain by training "sword" up to level 15 or so...or more? Is it worth it/why?
Old 02-04-2004, 06:07 AM   #2
eternal mat
Elite Waterdeep Guard

you can take out more hits with higher level [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-04-2004, 06:49 AM   #3
WillowIX
Apophis

I guess an increased skill level would mean a greater chance to make a succesful attack. I bet Radek has nifty information about this. *grabs some coffe and waits for Radek*
WillowIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 07:24 AM   #4
SMIV
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Is it more than one thing though...increased speed, damage, accuracy, or just an overall greater proficiency with weapon in general?
Old 02-04-2004, 07:39 AM   #5
bsftcs
Red Dragon

I believe it only increases your chances of inflicting a higher amount of hit points. Speed and such is determined by other skills.

If you take your spellcasting skills, however, (vine magic, spirit magic and such) we are all pretty convinced that raising those stats above 7 yields you nothing.
Old 02-04-2004, 07:44 AM   #6
WillowIX
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by SMIV:
Is it more than one thing though...increased speed, damage, accuracy, or just an overall greater proficiency with weapon in general?
Think of it as pen and paper RPG. To decide whether you make a successful attack a dice is thrown. If the value is lower than your skill level you have succeeded, should the value be above your level you miss. The higher the skill level the higher the chance for a successful attack.

If you are able to make the attack a new dice for damage is thrown. The skill gallantry boosts the value of that dice.

[ 02-04-2004, 07:46 AM: Message edited by: WillowIX ]
WillowIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 07:58 AM   #7
Radek
Red Dragon

As far as my observations are concerned, then:

1. The higher weapon skill the higher average damage. But the damage seems to depend on your level, too.
2. The higher weapon skill the higher chance to hit at all. But this chance depends on your stats as well. With good stats, you will have a good chance to hit even without the skill.

In general, it's always a good idea to train your weapon skills for your favourite weapons as high as possible. But you can live well without all these skills at 12.
Old 02-04-2004, 11:03 AM   #8
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I have seen no specific bonuses. By the end of the game, though, most of my party is at level 24 for all stats and level 12/14 for most skills.

It's important to leave at least one skill below 12. Otherwise, when you level up you will have skill points to assign and no place to put them... And you can't move on until you put them somewhere...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 01:28 PM   #9
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Bungleau:
It's important to leave at least one skill below 12. Otherwise, when you level up you will have skill points to assign and no place to put them... And you can't move on until you put them somewhere...
Ouch. I am glad you told me that. Stackman's warlock is dangerously close to being maxxed out.
Old 02-04-2004, 09:19 PM   #10
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

It's one of the few good uses I know of for an editor... [img]smile.gif[/img]

I haven't run into this problem, but I recall others doing so. I stop training after the first four or so weapons skills, just for this reason.

And Missy is up to level 11 in axe, her last skill...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote