Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-14-2001, 03:49 PM   #11
Neb
Account deleted by Request

You can skip Irenicus's speech by starting a multi-player game with just you, then, after he finishes his speech, save the game, now, whenever you wish to start without his speech, you can just load that saved game, then, remove the character you used when you first made the saved game, then, insert the character you would like to play with, the cool thing about this is that you also get to keep all your stuff.
Old 10-14-2001, 05:36 PM   #12
andrewas
Harper

level 2 priest spells in BG2. why are they there at all, they all suck. thats the other thing i hate about BG2.

plus, it does end.
Old 10-14-2001, 05:51 PM   #13
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

i wish i could just skip past all of the damn dream sequences, they get a bit old an tiresome after a few games. other than that, great game. needs ALOT more portraits and sounds too.

------------------
Morgan Corbesant, Elven BladeSinger, Captain of the army of the Seldarine
Old 10-15-2001, 10:37 AM   #14
mitsos

On the contrary, I thing that the dream sequences are very atmospheric. As far as portraits are concerned, you can download a whole bunch of them from Ironworks.

Old 10-15-2001, 10:46 AM   #15
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
Female gnomes and dwarves have beards, it's not a fault from the programmers side.

Do they REALLY have beards?
That's very interesting.
Would Amorous Anomen still be interested, I wonder?

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Proud winner of the 'Most Useless Post 250 Has Ever Seen' Award 2001. "I'd just like to thank my friends and family, without whom none of this would have been possible..."
Old 10-15-2001, 11:55 AM   #16
Aragorn1
Symbol of Cyric

1.Imoen has been turned into a mage/theif and their is no other all out theif in the game
2.No real evil route, just the good one done a bit differently
3.There should be and NPC for each class

------------------
The thing you are fit for is to die at my hand
Old 10-15-2001, 04:41 PM   #17
Blackwolf
Dungeon Master

Well, there isn`t much I dislike about BG2, but sure, I can think of a few things...

- I would have liked to see more NPC`s and more "pure" NPC`s, ie standard cleric, fighter, etc.

- More character kits. There are some that are dull and pointless (Barbarian, Beastmaster) and could have been replaced with other more appropriate ones. The AD&D Character Handbooks had plenty of interesting ones.

- There should be more "classic" magic items, like the Wand of Wonder.

- More dungeons and locations. There`s a lot of empty space on the map outside the city and I for one, would like to explore...

- The game is a bit unbalanced in that it swamps you with missions and stuff to do just when you`re out of the starter dungeon. I find this frustrating and overwhelming. It should have been spread out a bit.

- Lack of development tools. Why haven`t they been released? This game could get a second life on the net if we were able to create our own adventures and scenarios. Is BioWare afraid that it could steal some of the thunder from upcoming titles like Neverwinter Nights?

- It ends. It`s like the first time I read Lord Of The Rings. When I started on the third book, I realized that it was going to end and I thought that was very sad.
Old 10-15-2001, 04:47 PM   #18
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
That's very interesting.
Yes, they really DO have beards.

Quote:
Originally posted by Blackwolf:
- There should be more "classic" magic items, like the Wand of Wonder.
Actually, the Wand of Wonder IS in the game, the key you get from Windspear hills, the one which it says smells like sewer(in the description when you right-click on it.) can be used in the sewers under the Temple district to open the locked secret door(There are two.) behind that door you will find the Wand of Wonder and other things.

------------------
Wielder of the ancient Lawyer spells.
Member of the HADB clan.

Ally of the Fluffy Queen and the Dreaded Red Fluffy
General of the highest class and Leader of in the IW Peacekeeping Force.
ORT member, Official Demander of Stuff.
Sorcerer of Lady Lioness's Court.

Resident IW saint.
2nd place in the longest sig of IW contest 2001.
The sorcerer/assasin who says: Ecky-Ecky-Ecky-Ptang-Zoom-Boing.
Guardian of a Secret that noone else knows of.

"If Silence is golden, why does everyone talk so much?"
Old 10-15-2001, 05:11 PM   #19
Darkman

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
That's very interesting.
According to the manual you can only have a romance if you are human, elven, or half-elven.
Old 10-15-2001, 06:08 PM   #20
Burrtoe
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I hate it that the 3 most annoying NPCs in the game are all clerics. I don't want to play a cleric, but I like having one in the party. Damned if I do, damned if I don't.

Anomen - Everything about this guy gets on my nerves. He is *the* most annoying NPC in the game, but the best cleric.

Viconia - I can't tolerate the Drow language that she spouts when I click on her. Makes me think of one of those Klingon speaking dorks at a sci-fi convention.

Aerie - Least offensive of the three, if I avoid the romance. Aerie is the reason I made my first female character.

The Toe