Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-18-2004, 10:01 PM   #1
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I am wondering why it seems necessary for some people to reply to jokes and such, by saying they heard it before, its old, etc.. So what? If you heard it before, it's "old", or for some reason annoys you, dont reply. This is starting to develope a sensitive nerve with me, there always being those replies when a joke, story, etc., is posted.
It just seems rude, thats all.
Any thoughts?

[ 09-18-2004, 10:57 PM: Message edited by: LordKathen ]
Old 09-18-2004, 10:04 PM   #2
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Good point, LK. I haven't done it maliciously, but I'm certain I've done it. I will make it a point to be more polite in the future and skip those comments.

However, when I get the third serving of "announcer lines at the olympics", the slightly warmed-over joke from ages gone by, I do occasionally get a little testy [img]smile.gif[/img] But I'll try to be nice... honest [img]graemlins/angel.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 09-18-2004, 10:09 PM   #3
Arledrian
Egyptian Goddess of the Dead

Yeah, my general rule is, if you're gonna be a ******** about something, just shut up, nobody wants to hear it. I guess it's a variant of "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all," but I just had to add the ghetto touch there. A lot of folks on forums in general like to argue or shoot things down if they're having a rough day. That, and they can get away with being obnoxious since there's no risk of them getting a smack upside the head through the internet.

Larry/Edited out offensive word

[ 09-18-2004, 10:21 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Old 09-18-2004, 10:14 PM   #4
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

most of the time, I just read them, if I think they are funny, I will reply, but as far as I know, I have never said anything bac about a joke...
Old 09-18-2004, 10:19 PM   #5
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Nothing wrong with what you are thinking there, Lord K.

The worst offenders are frequently those who actually post the majority of the humorous stuff, and that fact alone reeeeeeeeeeeally cracks me up! [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

If the best you have to offer is, 'I've heard that before,' then you are being pretty lame. Make a positive comment, say how the post is ruining your life, or move on....LOL! [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Old 09-18-2004, 10:20 PM   #6
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

It's good that you have spoken up LK. I didn't realise such kind of post annoy you. I'll keep that in mind. Usually I don't mind what people post. As long as it's not a post that "ignite the fire". I just let it go.
Old 09-18-2004, 10:23 PM   #7
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

We're gonna start handing out two week suspensions

for those that cannot refrain from posting such garbage!!!

Just kidding. Sorry...I just had to.

[ 09-18-2004, 10:24 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Old 09-18-2004, 10:33 PM   #8
LordKathen

Quote:
Originally posted by Arledrian:
Yeah, my general rule is, if you're gonna be a d**khead about something, just shut up, nobody wants to hear it. I guess it's a variant of "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all," but I just had to add the ghetto touch there. A lot of folks on forums in general like to argue or shoot things down if they're having a rough day. That, and they can get away with being obnoxious since there's no risk of them getting a smack upside the head through the internet.
That would be cool though, aye? [img]graemlins/fight.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
I feel I am being kinda stupid here, so I am glad I already have some support. Thank you. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-18-2004, 10:36 PM   #9
LordKathen

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
We're gonna start handing out two week suspensions

for those that cannot refrain from posting such garbage!!!

Just kidding. Sorry...I just had to.
ROLFLMAO! [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Old 09-18-2004, 11:00 PM   #10
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Why stop here? Why not just bash people who keep spamming their one liners on threads all over IW? Why not stop witty comments that don't contribute to threads at all? Why do people bother with those as well?

They just do [img]tongue.gif[/img]