Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2002, 04:21 PM   #21
Sir ReGiN
Gold Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by Campino:

I'll tell you what i've seen in my neighbourhood.Near my house a lot of teens
get together to drink,tell stories,play loud music and to smoke,and
some of them smoke weed.The next day there are fags(cigarettes) and cigarette papers everywhere.It's a big mess.Sometimes on the staircase leading to my frontdoor as well.

Remember,i am speaking about things that actually happened in my life.
I've also lost a good friend of mine,who started with softdrugs, things went from bad to worse and i don't ever want that to happen again.So if someone wants to smoke hasj
be my guest,but you'll not be a friend of mine.

You might think i'm very harsh here,but now you know why.
Just too many bad experiences.

I'm really sorry to hear that
This of course is one the disadvantages with marijuana/hasch, that people get careless..and may get into heavier stuff, which may kill them..
But maybe that would change if it was legal?
Old 02-15-2002, 04:22 PM   #22
Sigmar
Unicorn

quote:

Remember,i am speaking about things that actually happened in my life.
I've also lost a good friend of mine,who started with softdrugs, things went from bad to worse and i don't ever want that to happen again.So if someone wants to smoke hasj
be my guest,but you'll not be a friend of mine.

You might think i'm very harsh here,but now you know why.
Just too many bad experiences.

I hear where you're coming from, the exact same thing happened with my brother's best friend who was also my friend. It hurts seeing them go down that path.
Old 02-15-2002, 04:28 PM   #23
Campino

quote:
Originally posted by Sir ReGiN:

I'm really sorry to hear that
This of course is one the disadvantages with marijuana/hasch, that people get careless..and may get into heavier stuff, which may kill them..
But maybe that would change if it was legal?

I doubt that.I think people can get careless,whether hasj is legalized or not.And not only with hasj,with alcohol as well.
It's all about selfcontrol,imo.And you don't change that if you
legalize things.
Old 02-15-2002, 04:33 PM   #24
Sir ReGiN
Gold Dragon

quote:

I doubt that.I think people can get careless,whether hasj is legalized or not.And not only with hasj,with alcohol as well.
It's all about selfcontrol,imo.And you don't change that if you
legalize things.

Yes but people might react faster and more efficently if it was 'public', legal..if you see what I mean?
And of course alcohol is very much the same as hasch only, as posted before, the government make huge money on it, so it's allowed

[ 02-15-2002: Message edited by: Sir ReGiN ]

Old 02-15-2002, 04:46 PM   #25
Campino

If you mean what i think you mean it's a shame people
have to react more efficiently.Shouldn't be necessary.

Good discussion Regin [img]smile.gif[/img] ,but let's hear non-european
views too.
Old 02-15-2002, 04:48 PM   #26
Sir ReGiN
Gold Dragon

quote:
If you mean what i think you mean it's a shame people
have to react more efficiently.Shouldn't be necessary.

Good discussion Regin [img]smile.gif[/img] ,but let's hear non-european
views too.

Indeed..in a couple of hours the americans will be on, we'll see what they have to say [img]smile.gif[/img]
I'm actually off to bed now (have to work in the morning ) but I'll check it out in the morning [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-15-2002, 04:53 PM   #27
Campino

Ok,goodnight Regin,and CU soon.

I'll check this thread tomorrow too,and maybe
add some replies too [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-15-2002, 05:15 PM   #28
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

quote:
Originally posted by DJG:
I don't know about this one. It's like legalising hard drugs. I mean, the government will possibly be able to control the distribution more. But, it's like legalising wrecking your body. The government might also make profit, which might help.

There are advantages to legalising drugs overall, but I see the disadvantages of it to outweigh the advantages of it.

Anyway, about Marijuana. I don't really know anything about it, so I can't judge.

So you're saying things should be illegal if they wreck your body??
Ok, that's alcohol gone too, and cigarettes, pretty soon they'd make salt illegal cos too much is bad for you.
*Gets flashback of 'Demolition man'*
Old 02-15-2002, 05:20 PM   #29
Neb
Account deleted by Request

quote:
Originally posted by Talthyr Malkaviel:

So you're saying things should be illegal if they wreck your body??
Ok, that's alcohol gone too, and cigarettes, pretty soon they'd make salt illegal cos too much is bad for you.
*Gets flashback of 'Demolition man'*

Well, I wouldn't mind seeing alcohol and cigarettes made illegal as well.....
Old 02-15-2002, 05:57 PM   #30
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

quote:
Originally posted by J'aran:

Tose are some pretty precise figures. How exactly did they achieve that test-result?

Weed is hardly as harmless as it seems. It's at least as dangerous as smoking unfiltered cigarettes of tobacco that is grown to have as much tar producing resin as possible. What do you think hash is made of? Couple that with breating it in as deeply as possible and holding it in as long as possible and you've got your answer. Pot also inhibits your mental activity. A very bad thing for the young developing mind. On a positive note, it would be better to classify it like alchohol. Sell it to adults. Less black market, less criminal activity, and less people in jail for pot possession. The drug laws right now are overkill for most. Other drugs, such as heroin, must be kept illegal. They produce a completely euphoric effect that almost always screws up someones life. They can be easily overdosed on and produce dependencies that can kill from withdrawal effects.