Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2001, 01:08 AM   #41
Draconia

AWWWW Nite The.Relic. Sweet Dreams and I will hopefully catch you again. The Mummy is such a funny movie. I watch it quite frequently. It is my all time favorite. Smooches for you and hugs for your daughter. Nite

------------------

Draconia, Dragon Queen
Old 03-07-2001, 01:17 AM   #42
Draconia

LadyRae, where did you go??

------------------

Draconia, Dragon Queen
Old 03-07-2001, 01:21 AM   #43
LadyRae
Symbol of Cyric

Still here...
Was it the gun thing you were talking about??? If so, guns don't kill people, people kill people and there are many other ways than shooting eachother... Please don't be discouraged and don't ever hesitate to jump right in and say what you feel! I'm proud of you, I'm not sure I would have had the nerve. The world needs more strong women!

------------------

[This message has been edited by LadyRae (edited 03-07-2001).]
Old 03-07-2001, 01:24 AM   #44
Draconia

Yes, that was the one I was referring to. I am glad to see another woman agrees with me on the gun issues. It seemed like I was the only woman who sees it that way. I am so glad to know that I am not alone. Thanks.

------------------

Draconia, Dragon Queen
Old 03-07-2001, 01:36 AM   #45
LadyRae
Symbol of Cyric

You are more than welcome! I've gotten to the point that I don't even watch the news anymore because the kid-shooting and other stuff. The only thing I had to worry about in school was whether or not my clothes were the right brand and or if so-and-so liked me as much as I liked him! I can't even imagine what it's like to be a kid now and this is kind of harsh because I have a seven year old. Unfortunately, being parents today, that's yet another thing we have to worry about... But you'd have to raise him/her in a closet to sheild them from all the violence in our society and our only recourse is to teach them right and wrong and the value of life and kindness and all the other things that make us civilized people and not the savages we would be without it (didn't mean to get so long winded, sorry!)

------------------
Old 03-07-2001, 01:49 AM   #46
Draconia

Rethought what I posted and decided to get rid of it. Sorry.

------------------

Draconia, Dragon Queen

[This message has been edited by Draconia (edited 03-07-2001).]
Old 03-07-2001, 07:43 AM   #47
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

Draconia: I have not seen one post from you that you shouldn't have shared! It's important to get all points of view out in the open. Just because some don't agree doesn't mean it was wrong to say it! And no one flamed you or criticized you for having your point of view. I know no one respects or likes you any less for speaking up. I respect your beliefs, and your right to voice them, and your bravery in voicing them in the face of several people who disagree! That shows your warrior spirit oh Queen of the Dragons!!

Please don't lurk because of that. Your nick is one of the ones I look for to read! And yours too LadyRae. I love your wit, and you always say such interesting things.

I know how you both feel. I'm a chronically shy person, and have a tendency to lurk. Wellllll, I did have, but something about the people here (you two included) seems to have opened the floodgates and now I never shut up!

The.Relic: What a sweetheart you are! I am so impressed with the men on this board. They are so ARTICULATE! What fun!
------------------

Having abandoned my search for truth, I am now looking for a good Fantasy.

[This message has been edited by bilqis (edited 03-07-2001).]
Old 03-07-2001, 07:47 AM   #48
Moiraine
Anubis

The funny thing is, now and again you read in newspapers, from journalists that DON'T play RPGs, that RPGs encourage violence ...

------------------

[This message has been edited by Moiraine (edited 03-07-2001).]
Old 03-07-2001, 07:57 AM   #49
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Draconia you thilly thauthage You certainly didn´t tic ME off! What would the world be if we all thought the same?

Finding a strong opposing argument can be good, for it either strengthens your own original position (by plugging the gaps through the need to fill the 'holes'), or brings about a redifinition - a change in that opinion.

Love your posts.

Yorick

------------------
FAIR DINKUM!
Old 03-07-2001, 12:27 PM   #50
Draconia

bilqis and Yorick, I don't know what to say. On this issue, I could go on and on and on. But I am not going to. I can give you some scenarios that would probably have you thinking that it is a good thing that I do have a gun. But I won't. You know that I am alone all week and that should tell you some things that could happen to me and my children if there was no way for me to protect myself. I live way out of town and I only have 3 neighbors that are not that close to me. I am pretty isolated. I can tell you something that happened not too long ago. A known murderer walked right by my house right after he killed someone in town. All I could think about when I found out about it is "What if he would of decided to come after me and my children?" At the time I did not know that he had killed someone. He had been hanging around Green River for 3 months and I had seen him on several occassions and I always thought that he had just moved to Green River. I was wrong. He had a purpose here and that was to kill someone. I had found out the 2 days later that he had killed someone and that he had walked by my house. The police notified me and told me not to let anyone that I didn't know personally into my house because of what had happened. To say the least, I was terrified. At the time, my husband was gone all week again. So I feel safer knowing that I have something that will protect me if someone decides that they want to do harm on me or my children. NOBODY tries to harm my babies. Ok, that is enough. I really shouldn't of said all of that. I think that I said too much already.

------------------

Draconia, Dragon Queen

[This message has been edited by Draconia (edited 03-07-2001).]