Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-2002, 04:32 PM   #1
uss
20th Level Warrior

Most people think soloing as if it was something very difficult but they are absolutely wrong! soloing makes this game much easier.
ok, i was soloing a monk, and i went to the island called brynnlaw at about lvl 14. it was getting too easy, my character leveled up very fast. i was at lvl 17 when i got to underdark. Killing beholders was a piece of cake, just like the mind flayers and demogorgons five "children". i gained levels very fast and i got to lvl 28 or something when i left underdark. i killed Drizzt and friends with the first try. i don`t know if i want to play on with this char, its just too damn easy!
uss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2002, 04:36 PM   #2
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Try soloing something harder like a Bard or Totemic Druid. Then your up to a challenge [img]smile.gif[/img]
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2002, 09:15 PM   #3
Kaneida
The Magister

And change your game difficulty setting all the way to the right for insane AND download those files from Bioware that make enemies tougher, like improved Balthazar, Demogorgon, etc.
Kaneida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2002, 08:01 AM   #4
antonius
Zhentarim Guard

Some bits of soloing are more difficult, others easier than using a group. Main thing I've noticed is that by playing purely to your strengths it _can_ be easier. Taking out a lich without casualties is easy - protection from undead does the trick, but it's a bit wasteful in a 6 person party. Likewise, judicious use of prot form magic is going to help a lot. Other thing is that you get a lot finer control - there's no AI to mess things up. Running away is easier too (Brave Sir Robin).

Problems occur in those big melees - if you've got guys hacking you to bits from all sides you're in trouble. Best best is to avoid those situations. Dictate combat on your own terms and it's not difficult (though I still fear some monsters)
antonius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2002, 05:40 PM   #5
ULockit I Stealit
The Magister

quote:
Originally posted by antonius:
Running away is easier too (Brave Sir Robin).

LOL, gotta love Monty Python. I am assuming that is where it came from.

When I was soloing as a Bounty Hunter, I had to change my boots at least 5 times by Spellhold, as there was so much running involved.