Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 10-30-2000, 05:50 PM   #1
Jared

I barely got the game and I have been looking on the board for different parties
that will work. Okay, I mooched some ideas off people, so don't get mad if you
see your brainchild below. I would just rather not start the game over a couple
times to get it right or close to being right, or have that nagging feeling that
I should have done so and so in the beginning. Anyways, my party is...

Warrior-->Barbarian--&gtaladin-->Valkyrie
Warrior-->Barbarian-->Samurai-->Assassin (maybe)
Rogue-->Barbarian-->Ninja
Priest-->Warlock-->Monk-->Zenmaster
Wizard-->Warlock-->Bard
Wizard-->Warlock-->(Maybe something else, don't know)

1. What level should I get each profession before switching to the next?
2. Also, I know that certain ability scores like int (which gives skill points) count
for alot when making a character...are there any other abilities scores that I should
focus on when making a character?
3. Which weapons are the best to focus on?

Damn, I am sorry. That is a lot of questions, but I will be indebted to anyone who
answers some.

Old 10-30-2000, 07:56 PM   #2
Kenwyn

I posted an answer to this on the other message board. Look there.

Old 10-30-2000, 08:04 PM   #3
Mandrel

Your plan looks pretty good, except AFAIK a Rogue can only go to Bard or Ninja, not Barbarian. Not sure if a Warlock can go to Bard.

I personally got to L6 or L7 before switching. L6 for the warriors and wizard, L7 for the Priest, L8 for the Rogue (because I've done a lot while exploring the Serpent Temple).

INT is great for Wizards. SPI is the Priest's forte. STR is needed for some Warrior weapons. DEX is, of course, the Rogue's strong point. Make sure you target your char's stats toward the desired promotion.

I would focus on Swords for most characters because you can get several good ones early in the game. There are also a few hot maces available early. I haven't found a super-axe yet, except at high prices in stores. Also, give your Wizards Pole/Staff instead of Dagger, because you get good Staffs early on. Don't bother with Bow skill or bows/arrows at the start, you can pick these up as you go along, and I've only found one critter where bows were the preferred weapon.

Old 10-30-2000, 08:38 PM   #4
Jared

Thanks for the heads up everyone...I've just begun making my characters. Just one more question though that Mandel brought up: does anyone know if you can go from a warlock to a bard?

Old 11-02-2000, 01:32 AM   #5
tritone

I should think so (can't confirm cos I haven't tried) - because in the League of Sorcery (Wiz guild), one of the ascension roles available is that of the Bard.