Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-28-2004, 09:27 PM   #21
Knightscape
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Cerek:

I majored in Marketing in college, so I agree completely with Heirophant's analogy of the corporate mindset - but corporate exec's would only need to visit the BGII forum here to see the almost unlimited potential of creating a good, solid ROLE-Playing game with multiple character possibilities, NPC's and storyline variations. The core game alone would keep gamers busy for months...then you can always start selling the ever-popular expansion packs.
Instead of waiting for corporate exec's to come here, you could always go there. [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showforum=26

There have been some really good ideas in this thread/site, but if the developers don't know about them how do they implement them?
Old 09-28-2004, 09:47 PM   #22
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Luvian,

Temple of ELemental Evil is a great example of a failed CRPG, but NOT Lionheart. I've played BOTH and TOEE is AWFUL and buggy beyond belief but Lionheart is actually fun and NOT buggy. I didn't have ONE crash or problem throughout the ENTIRE game. I would urge you to give it a chance if you find a copy in the bargain bin at your local computer store. [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Old 09-29-2004, 12:35 AM   #23
DBear
Drow Warrior

Lionheart may not be buggy, but I've heard it is WAY too combat oriented and too much of a click-fest.

And stormymystic, I totally agree about Arcanum. An excellent game and a welcome surprise.
Old 09-29-2004, 01:20 AM   #24
SecretMaster
Apophis

I've just think that the time for good computer/roleplaying games is over with. There will be another spurr in the years to come, but I think we just ended up finishing one of the greats. Let action/shoot em take over for awhile, and people will soon come back to RPG's.
Old 09-29-2004, 01:53 AM   #25
Rokc Cadarn
Banned User

I just went out and bought Arcanum earlier this evening. Two modes of turn based? Please let my early impressions of this game be the right ones...if they are, I'm in gamer heaven. Of course, I had to buy a game four years old to get there.
Old 09-29-2004, 05:22 AM   #26
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Micah Foehammer:
Luvian,

Temple of ELemental Evil is a great example of a failed CRPG, but NOT Lionheart. I've played BOTH and TOEE is AWFUL and buggy beyond belief but Lionheart is actually fun and NOT buggy. I didn't have ONE crash or problem throughout the ENTIRE game. I would urge you to give it a chance if you find a copy in the bargain bin at your local computer store. [img]smile.gif[/img]
In my opinion, Lionheart is a failed game. I tried it two times, and both time, I was horrified by it.

There are so many problems with it. Everything is bad. The only interesting thing is the character creation.

I don't feel like getting into this again, I made lots of posts about that game already...
Old 09-29-2004, 07:39 AM   #27
Nightwing
Baaz Draconian

Rokc, you're going to love Arcanum, it's huge and you don't have to play it too linier. The hardest part is character development because there are sooo many ways to go.
Old 09-29-2004, 10:24 AM   #28
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Arrow

Quote:
Originally posted by Nightwing:
Rokc, you're going to love Arcanum, it's huge and you don't have to play it too linier. The hardest part is character development because there are sooo many ways to go.
How can you like a game where a pistol bullet does less damage than a blow from a fist?
Old 09-29-2004, 04:18 PM   #29
SecretMaster
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
quote:
Originally posted by Nightwing:
How can you like a game where a pistol bullet does less damage than a blow from a fist? [/QUOTE]Simple. If you have a paper bullet... Besides, if realism is your issue then just take one good look at RPG's.
Old 09-29-2004, 04:29 PM   #30
Stratos
Vampire

Arcanum is pretty decent, but unbalanced in so many ways.