Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2003, 10:09 AM   #1
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

I am at the third level I can't open ann doors in that level, nor can I lower the bridge. What am I suppose to do to get past any of this? On the second level their is a lever that seems to need fixing to make Wevern potions. How do I go about fixing the lever? I am totally stuck.
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2003, 11:07 AM   #2
Dilbert
Elite Waterdeep Guard

you have to make a histashi potion (or how these yellow zombies are named) and drink it to go strough the eye over the door (if you're already there.
Have you already talked to the ghost of the body at the rocktrap (talked before to the prisoner on lvl1 )
Dilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2003, 11:15 AM   #3
Nightowl2
Galvatron

First, you need to make the potions, both wyvern poison and Histachii. For this, there are two ways: (1) Intimidate the alchemist to do it (2) have someone in your party with good alchemy skill make the potions.

Note, however, that only the alchemist can fix the lever. He does not appear until you're asked to complete the mission of making the fake Histachii potion by the guy in the jail on the first level.

So, do you have the modified mandrake root? Do you have the quest to make the potion? If not, go back up and do those things first.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2003, 03:57 PM   #4
pritchke

Very annoying! I had cleared out the 2nd level before I had freed the prisoners and had to go back to the body near the rocktrap or it counts as not being found.

I also have another problem, I believe there were 2 Histachii potions in the table with the mandrake. I moved them and don't remember what I did with them, them. The potions are required right or is just the mild mandrake which I have switched already? It doesn't seem to be changing and the alchemist will not talk to me. He just keeps calling for the guards.
Old 03-23-2003, 07:40 PM   #5
Nightowl2
Galvatron

All that matters from that table is making the fake brew from the modified mandrake root. You don't need a real Histachii potion for anything.

If you can't get anywhere with the alchemist, do you have someone in the party with good alchemy skill? If so, that person can pull the south lever in the other room to activate the lab equipment. Just remember to put the root on the table first.

If no one can do alchemy, then you have to wait for the alchemist to pull the lever. Sorry, I don't know how long that will take.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2003, 10:51 PM   #6
pritchke

Well this sucks!

When taking to him all I can say is "Wait". As well the only thing that I seem to be able to produce is the poison with the wevern claws.

Is there a programe like DaleKeeper for IWD that I can download to insert the potion into my inventory? I don't like cheating but having to redo chapter five is not something I want to do. I have a level 7 in Alchemy.
Old 03-23-2003, 10:57 PM   #7
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by pritchke:
Well this sucks!

When taking to him all I can say is "Wait". As well the only thing that I seem to be able to produce is the poison with the wevern claws.

Is there a programe like DaleKeeper for IWD that I can download to insert the potion into my inventory? I don't like cheating but having to redo chapter five is not something I want to do. I have a level 7 in Alchemy.
Just take a look at one of the other Dragon's Eye thread. Lots of people asked about the alchemist already, and in some of those thread you can get the console command to get the Potions.
Old 03-23-2003, 10:59 PM   #8
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Or get the Dale Keeper II beta 5 here.
Old 03-23-2003, 11:06 PM   #9
pritchke

Thanks, Luvian I downloaded dalekeeper 2 it seems fairly easy to use. Now to test my game.
Old 03-24-2003, 01:27 AM   #10
pritchke

I am back on track now. Just one note in using DaleKeeper to get the potions. Just having the modified histashi potions in your inventory does not allow you to complete the quest. You actually have to put the potions from Dalekeeper in the proper desk then remove them. A little wierd but it took some traveling to around to find this out. When nothing seemed to work I did this as a last effort.