Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 02-06-2001, 02:26 PM   #1
Kalgrog

Ok, figured out that the tanner is the man, he ran off, I killed his goons, got the skin suit, and a note that I cannot decipher the damn name. So! What I would like to ask from you gracious people is what is the name that the note I found refers to? It hints of a meeting in the Umar Hills (where I have yet to visit) and the name is a password or such.

Question 1: What is the name the note refers to in riddle gibberish?
Question 2: Will I find the tanner in the Umar Hills?
Question 3: I suppose the murders in bridge district are now related to the disappearances of people in the Umar Hills?
Question 4: Is the tanner working for the shadow dragon I heard people talking about in the Umar Hills?

Some of these are just for help and pointers and some curiousity. Thanks in advance!

Old 02-06-2001, 02:31 PM   #2
Zenith
Elite Waterdeep Guard

SPOILER

You will not find the tanner in Umar Hills. He is found in Trademeet. Someone will want you to help Tiris. This little side quest finishes the tanner details.
Old 02-06-2001, 02:31 PM   #3
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

This may or may not help! I don't recall accomplishing anything on the Tanner Quest in Umar Hills but I do recall finishing the quest in Trademeet. I did do Umar Hills first and maybe there was something there that I had to do first, but don't remember, and then the Quest was able to advance to Trademeet. All that I am certain of is that the Quest ended in Trademeet. Like I said this may or may not help
Old 02-06-2001, 02:36 PM   #4
Demus

ok, without any spoilers (I think)

1. No Idea, but when you find the bloke, save before trying the name and then keep trying untill you get the right one, It works you know.
2. No, not the actual tanner, but on of his associates, the real one is somewhere else.
3. No, they have nothing to do with them, this is something completely different
4. No, but the shadow dragon is working for someone else with a part in the Umar deaths

Ok, so in summary, don't know, no, no, no
Hope that sorts out your questions.

Old 02-06-2001, 02:36 PM   #5
Demus

ok, without any spoilers (I think)

1. No Idea, but when you find the bloke, save before trying the name and then keep trying untill you get the right one, It works you know.
2. No, not the actual tanner, but on of his associates, the real one is somewhere else.
3. No, they have nothing to do with them, this is something completely different
4. No, but the shadow dragon is working for someone else with a part in the Umar deaths

Ok, so in summary, don't know, no, no, no
Hope that sorts out your questions.

Old 02-06-2001, 03:30 PM   #6
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

SPOILERS: (or not)
>
>
>
>
>
>
1) The initial of the name is D.C. (yeah...that really narrows the choices down....sorry, forgot the exact name)
2) Mr Hidesman can be found in Trademeet after you exposed him and completed the Trademeet quests.
3) Nope, they are two independent events. Umar Hill relates to Shade Lord.
4) Nope, the contact in Umar Hill (who makes Human Flesh armor) nor the Mr Hidesman work for Shadow Dragon, though they are interested in the silver dragon. Shadow dragon works for Shade Lord.....
Old 02-07-2001, 11:07 AM   #7
HavokHound

OK so how to you get this trademeet quest. I am not too happy with this Tanner, and feel like tanning his hide!!