Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2001, 02:23 PM   #1
teval
Dungeon Master

How can i kill those monsters fastest I cant use fireball in that room .

and i could use some advice in that chamber 4 of my team use Arrows the atther use stones have a 6 party team and it works fine

Any ideas what i can do to kill sarevok fast and hees creture ???
teval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2001, 02:55 PM   #2
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Staying toward the center of the room, you can keep from activated monsters on the side. Don't step on the seal in the center of the room. Most people recommend summoning lots of monsters.

Actually, fireball should work in this battle....
Old 12-11-2001, 03:26 PM   #3
Lemernis
Drizzt Do'Urden

If you want a surefire method to defeat Sarevok I will gladly provide one. But I'm not sure if you just want a tip or to have an entire winning strategy laid out for you...
Old 12-11-2001, 03:40 PM   #4
Worm
The Magister

I'd hate to ruin it for you so I'm going to attempt a riddle so you have to work for it ... maybe a saying more so ... screw that just two simple words times two. Brute Strength, Healing Potions.
Worm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2001, 04:28 PM   #5
teval
Dungeon Master

fire baal i am to afraind of use as i got 2 peoople there i have to keep alive .

Dont wanna kill inocent peoople if i dont need i play the team as good mode all my chahacters have good mode on them if you undeerstand what i ment

teval
Old 12-11-2001, 05:08 PM   #6
Lemernis
Drizzt Do'Urden

Ah, okay--you're talking about fighting him at the coronation ceremony at the Duchal Palace.

You have to keep at least one duke alive as you defeat the mage and hasted dopplegangers that attack you. I haven't fought that battle in ages. Later this evening I'll open up an old save, take a look, and get back to you on that...

Off the top of my head though, I recall someone once saying that they cast Otiluke's Resilient Sphere on one of the dukes as insurance... I didn't do that myself, but that sounds like a smart idea. If you can cast Invisibility Radius 10' on the party before the fight and get them all positioned where you want them that may help.
Old 12-11-2001, 07:26 PM   #7
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Invisibility 10' Radius only comes with Dark Side of the Sword Coast, so you probably won't have it, Teval. Otiluke's Resilient Sphere is a surefire winner, though. I suggest taking whichever character has the best armor class, giving them a sword or warhammer, & putting them in front. That way, the Doppelgangers won't attack your Mage. If you're having trouble killing them, you should buy some Arrows+2 or something.
Old 12-12-2001, 05:39 AM   #8
Red Dragon Slayer
Dungeon Master

monster summoning. right before the dukes. really helps when they attack your monsters instead of the dukes.
Red Dragon Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2001, 11:49 AM   #9
teval
Dungeon Master

used 2 wands of monster somming that did the trick fore me

was arround 40 helpers who aid me and i killed the monsters there

i am now go fore the final battle [img]smile.gif[/img]

place now is thief guild

teval
Old 12-12-2001, 03:59 PM   #10
Midget Gems

Well done Teval, I love your questions which can be as good as the riddles in the game. I like to use 'Amimate Dead' to get the same result as you did. Another observation about this fight is that I find that it is important to get into the best starting position in the room. If you enter via the lower doorway, get into position and cast any protetive spells you need. Only then bring forward your main character to initiate the dialog. Good Hunting !

[img]graemlins/skeleton2.gif[/img]