Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 04-24-2002, 10:42 PM   #71
Moni

(the same day you left Bob to die [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img] )

[img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] Very Cool!

Keep 'em coming!

Old 04-24-2002, 10:58 PM   #72
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

Alright then, I suppose I'll stick with the musical theme that seems to be going here and telling about the very first punk rock show I ever went to. So gather 'round young-uns (I think Moni's the only one that reads this anymore, and I think she feels young enough to qualify! ) and I'll tell you the story of the Andy Lame and the Lame-Os (recently renamed) concert! (I feel so old [img]tongue.gif[/img] )
Well this is one of those nights where I would have much rather stayed in and chatted, but I had previously made plans to go so, as I'm a man of my word, I went with it (this turned out to be a good choice). My ride arrived at about 6:30, and I was taken to Morty's (you might remember this name from the water balloon story) garage, which is where the Lame-O-s played. They're pretty much just a cover band for now, since until they hire me on as a songwriter I won't do anything for them officially. Anyways, probably the most notable event was the mosh pit. I absolutely revel in these things. I was getting hit from all sides, almost ran into a mic stand, but my shoulder spikes, the only ones I had in at that time, punctured the arm of someone (luckily he was a good friend and didn't fight back *whew*). I drank about 8 cans of soda, and that obviously had a negative effect on my bladder... Anyways, that was probably one of the coolest nights I've had so far. I might have another story about a show soon, I'm going to a Fitmits (Misfits cover band) show on Friday at about 8:30. [img]smile.gif[/img] Hope I come back with lots of stories, and if I come back at all I'll be sure to try!
Old 04-24-2002, 11:11 PM   #73
Moni

[img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Another good one LOL
I've been within feet of a mosh pit at a concert once but don't dare participate as little ans as old as I am LOL (I was 34 then...I did do some crowd surfing though!)
Back to the mosh pit though...there were two really big guys pushing their way through the crowd towards the pit so rather than have them push me I stepped one foot back and pushed the crowd back with my back. The guy in front, when he saw the crowd part, looked down at me and laughed (what he found funny about me moving the crowd I dunno unless it was my size) then he PUNCHED ME in the upper right side of my chest! P*s'd me off!
I looked up at him, straight in the eye and told him "Wrong move Mother F*kr!"
I grabbed his left arm with both hands, one hand under the elbow and the other under his forearm, then I literally threw him into the mosh pit...he went down...and never came back up!
His friend was standing there in front of me with his jaw dropped, looking down at me and I asked him if he wanted by.
He raised both his hands waving them in front of himself and started shaking his head "No! No! I don't want in!" and he backed off and left all scared looking lol.
I think he thought he was going to get thrown in too LOL!
He didn't hear me yell after him that I only threw his friend because he hit me and that he was safe to walk in as long as he didn't hit me too. I didn't see either one of them for the rest of the night...I still don't know how his friend got up off the floor to get out of the mosh pit...if he ever did [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 04-24-2002, 11:21 PM: Message edited by: Moni ]

Old 04-24-2002, 11:18 PM   #74
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

Whoa, cool story Moni! Adrenalline can really kick in, can't it? Heh, a little gal like you throwing a big guy like that, simply hilarious imaging! Nothing like that happened at the Lame-Os show, since we were really all friends, but something similar might happen at the Fitsmits... It'll be absolutly a riot (two ways ) if that happens and I actually do throw someone.

No more stories tonight, I wanna save a few until later. [img]smile.gif[/img] I want to hold one over until I can suplly a Fitsmits show story.
Old 04-24-2002, 11:30 PM   #75
Moni

I am glad you got a kick out of it
Yeah nothing like a little (OK a lot lol) of adrenalline to pick up the pace LOL!
I also "beat up" a guy who had hit me in the chest earlier because security made him step out of a stairwell...pushed (OK hit and hit hard with both hands) him by his lower back into the crowd...he sic'd two little gangsters on me for it so I led them back into an open area of the back of the arena, turned my back on them, took a defensive karate-like stance and then over my shoulders, invited them both at the same time to come after me. They disappeared too LOL and when i saw them again, they were with the big guy who had hit me shaking their heads no and looking scared
Later that night I asked the big guy and one of his little friends if they'd throw me onto the crowd so I could surf it and they flung me so high that I had a lot of time to look over the crowd and take in how cool it was before I relized I was about to land in it and needed to flip over onto my back LOL.
[img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] Definitely a night to remember

P.S. I'll be waiting on future stories! [img]smile.gif[/img]
No rush though [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 04-24-2002, 11:31 PM: Message edited by: Moni ]

Old 04-25-2002, 08:08 PM   #76
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

Well I've never gone crowd surfing, but I've only been to once concert and there were barely 20 people there, so I have an excuse. [img]smile.gif[/img] I don't know if I can give you any future stories, but I can keep giving you stories about the past. And now for the fire alarm at the gifted and talented lyceum... not as fun as the band camp one, but it'll do. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Again, it was probably around around 12:30 am when this happened, and I think it might have been on a Tuesday as well, might've been on Wednesday though. Anyways, that's not important. Apparantly in the city I was there, in the dorms I was staying in, not getting out when the fire alarm goes off is a felony. Well, again, the alarm went off, but this time I didn't move. My roommate, a punker named David Price, was awake as well, but neither of us moved toward the door. We were in the very back of the hallway, and thought we were pretty much immune to the fire that we knew to be non-existant. After the alarms went off we got to sleep, but not before we discussed how it felt to now be felons because of a dumb law! Good times, good times...
Old 04-25-2002, 09:09 PM   #77
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Moshing is the funnest thing anyone can do!
There was much crowd surfing at the Pop Disaster Tour i went to on Sunday, but i wasnt in the pit .
The most fun ive had at a punk rock show was the Unwritten Law concert a few weeks ago. Theres no pit there, just all seats, and people were getting really restless, there had been 10 bands that day, and we were all anxious to c UL. So when they came on, people stared moshing in the aisles. I was sort of hesitant, cause i didnt want to get bashed against a chair or anything, but then my brothers friend literally picked me up and jumped into the aisle. Well it was definatley worth it. Some guy kicked my shin really hard, so i bit him really hard. He asked for it lol!
Old 04-25-2002, 09:37 PM   #78
Moni

Great story Cody! You felon you! LOL!

Oh yeah, try crowd surfing one of these days...the rush lasted for months [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Just watch the crowd for a few first and see the weight and size limit of the people who get dropped to the floor You don't want to be one of them!

LadyBlue03,
That is precisely the reason I stay away from mosh pits...the violence. I don't promote or provoke violence (I just give it back in full if anyone wants to mess with me first )

Old 04-25-2002, 10:12 PM   #79
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

Ah, I would actually never crowd surf. I've heard they're not too guy-friendly, and I'm not too comfortable with all those hands touching me at the same time... I love to mosh though! On Friday I might get to mosh with Josh. I've been called a very angry boy, let's see if I can prove them right?
Old 04-25-2002, 10:18 PM   #80
*\Conan/*
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady Blue03:
Moshing is the funnest thing anyone can do!
I was sort of hesitant, cause i didnt want to get bashed against a chair or anything, but then my brothers friend literally picked me up and jumped into the aisle. Well it was definatley worth it. Some guy kicked my shin really hard, so i bit him really hard. He asked for it lol!
LoL!!